News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My Daytona Replica

Started by jmanscharger, November 10, 2006, 11:56:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmanscharger

Guys, I have had this car for 4 years and have not driven it much because I have other Chargers. I have it running well and am considering letting it go as we look at moving to a bigger house. Before I go ebay any suggestions?
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

jmanscharger

Side
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440

Shakey

Try the free classified section on this site.

BTW - How much would you like to get for it?

Brock Samson

:shruggy:
Wow!
where ya' been hidin?...
i dunno.. give it to me?..
sigh,.. seriously though if you can take your time to git her to a good home that would be nice...
sigh,..  :-\

PocketThunder

McDonnalds could use it for a promo car...  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Blown70

Quote from: jmanscharger on November 10, 2006, 11:56:50 AM
Guys, I have had this car for 4 years and have not driven it much because I have other Chargers. I have it running well and am considering letting it go as we look at moving to a bigger house. Before I go ebay any suggestions?

:o  I like it.  Tell us more about the parts and list it in the for sale section.  Motor, auto, 4-spd? Rear, gears?  Type of wing/nose?

Charger_Fan

Have you registered that baby yet? :icon_smile_big:
http://1970chargerregistry.com/

You can also advertise it there too. ;)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

jmanscharger

This car was built by wetfeet(Michigan) right here on the board. He picked the McyD's colors but it grows on you. It was a 4speed RT but was a NOM 440 when he got it. The nose cone is fiberglass and together probably $6000 worth of replica parts. The rear window is plugged with the Janek part that tends to crack at the body seam. I don't have to sell the car but my family has grown and we may be moving to a bigger home with less garage at first. I have not priced it yet, watching ebay for fair values.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440

hemi68charger

Wow,,, great looking car....... But, it was/is an original '70 Charger R/T 440 4-speed ??

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

jmanscharger

Yes, it was originally a 70 Charger R/T 440 4 speed.  Not a 4 speed anymore and nom. He took some heat on using an R/T for a replica, but even though it is not a Daytona it is an original  R/T.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440

Ghoste

He took some heat for it?  I suppose I could see people getting upset but it isn't like it was something really different like a 6 pack or Hemi or sunroof car.  It could have been worse, it could have been made into a 4X4 or a four door sedan. :icon_smile_big:

jmanscharger

I also had a local mopar purist react to it being a u code car made into a replica. It was done well but he acted surprised.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440

dkn1997

that's one of the coolest tribute cars I have ever seen., love the color and the nascar vibe wheels.   and I like the fact that it's cracking a bit, means you can drive it without guilt. 
RECHRGED

69_500

Looks like a very nice car.

Hope you find it a good home.

4 speed R/T's aren't a dime a dozen, so that should help the $ some as well.

BigBlockSam

i remember when you bought that car. i went after it also but you beat me to it. nice car , good luck with it. let us know what you want for it. you'll save yourself alot of ebay grief. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

wetfeetmi

Hey John, how have you been? I was a little surprised to see my old car on this site! I am sorry to hear you will be selling it, but if you aren't driving it you might as well let it go. Thanks for the praise. I am doing a much better job on the car you sold to me. I am using a steel plug this time! Did you find correct seats for it yet?
If you are truly going to sell it, how about first crack at it? I wouldn't mind having it back here in Kalamazoo.
Are you selling any others? I remember you had a few Mopars out behind the garage. I remember you didn't have a tremendous amount of storage at your house, but the car I bought from you was in a barn a few miles away. Nice seeing the car again, and good luck if it goes on e-bay. It should bring decent money. I hate to estimate what people would bid these days for something like that.  Rick 

472 R/T SE

About a year ago I got $32k for my 318 based '70 Dayclona.  The high bidder had it bid up to $35k and was willing to go higher was my understanding.  It's all in who wants it bad enuf and what they're willing to pay.

nakita7

Put it on Ebay with no reserve...

jmanscharger

Hey Rick!
I am only selling the car if we end up moving to a bigger house(with less garage), and I will email you before I post a real ad. I did get the correct front seats and the brakes and kickdown linkage additions.  My signature lists my other cars I still have, it is a great car and I will probably regret it if I let it go but my wife and kids need the bigger house more than I need the Daytona.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440

wetfeetmi

John, two questions...do you want a car like this?  Heck yes.  Do you need a car like this?  Heck yes!  I know about meeting the family needs. We all have to compromise at times. I understand and was just kidding about needing a car like this. It is about as impractical as a car can be.  Take care...Rick

BigBlockSam

hey wetfeetmi , i remember when i saw this car on the old board for sale . it was a weired picture , only the back of a daytona replica out of a garage . i wrote several emails to you about it. you never took the time to tell me it was sold , thanks
i needed a vega hatchback for my daytona replica , and i spoke to you, you said you had like 10 of them . i asked you to send me one . i would pay you want you wanted. just put a piece of tape on it with my name and take it to a greyhound terminal and i would pay what ever you needed . you refused to make an effort .  I've gone way out of my way to help a fellow restorer . you never made an everent . so here,  :moon: i hope you never need me. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

wetfeetmi

Hold on Rene, I had 4 hatches and still have 1. I told you if you wanted it you are better off picking it up because it weighs alot and is bulky to ship. It would have 150$ + to have packaged and shipped. That is more money than I was asking for it. I suggested you try to find one locally and that was the last I heard from you. If you want it , come and get it. You can have it for $75, but I CAN NOT SHIP. Professional boxing and freight will be over $200 now and I can't get away from work to do it. I thought I mad this clear from the start.
I sold my clone to John and do not recall getting an e-mail from you about buying it. ( I was answering e-mails non stop from people about this car and probably missed yours. Sorry.) John bought it sight unseen and mailed the check to me next day.

wetfeetmi

Oh, Greyhound laughed when I told them how big and heavy. They have restrictions. It would have to go freight and I have shipped once before using Roadway to Arizona and a similar package was $281. I made an efferent. I am sure you would have been delirious with the hatch with a piece of tape on it at your front door that was strapped to the roof of a Greyhound bus.

nitrometal

I love the smell of nitro in the morning.

http://pettysuperbird.com

jmanscharger

Ok let me defend Rick (I have only met him once and a few emails and phone calls) I have never had a business call me when a car I asked about sold. It usually takes persistence on my part,  most individuals don't even answer once a car has sold. Some don't answer when it is for sale (several cars I have gotten because I keep trying and don't get mad). I also have let emails slip when I don't have answers to questions. We are hobbyists not businesses, we want to help each other but there are reasonable limits. If you think you are justified to call someone out please do it one on one, before doing it on the board (you would want that same courtesy).

I hesitate to list a car for sale on this site when I see deals go bad, or sour grapes, in truth there is almost always something you can complain about. I have seen too many mopar club friendships split over deals, ones made or not made.
Advice to fellow buyers, know what you are getting, beware buysers remorse.
If you miss a deal beware bitterness, try to keep the relationship, there may be more deals in the future.

Rene I am sorry you were disappointed, it sounds like Rick is actually still willing to help,  I would probably have been defensive and said it was actually up to you to keep following up and establish relationship. Do not equate someone not selling you something you want with someone ripping you off. 
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440