News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

OVERHAULIN' LOSES A VIEWER

Started by BLACKWOLF, November 09, 2006, 10:58:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLACKWOLF

I AM TIRED OF WATCHING CELEBRITIES AND THEIR RELATIVES HAVING THEIR CARS REDONE.
WHEN I FIRST STARTED WATCHING THEIR SHOW IT WAS FOR PEOPLE THAT COULDN'T AFFORD TO RESTORE THEIR CARS.
BUT, IT HAS TURNED INTO NOTHING BUT ANOTHER CELEBRITY REALITY SHOW.

SORRY CHIP, YOU HAVE LOST A VIEWER!
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

bull

Geez, you're patient. They lost me the first time they did a celebrity car.

BLACKWOLF

THEY ALSO DID A THE CNN HUMMER! IT IS ON NEXT TUES.
LINNY SMITH 73' CHARGER OWNER HPAC MEMBER NATIONAL STREET MACHINE CLUB LIFE MEMBER
I'M ON FACEBOOK

BMOTOXSTAR

I hate Rap, but I watch Pimp My Ride on MTV2. I would not "Pimp" a car but it is nice to see everyday Joe's get their pieces of turd get all re-done to the "Pimp" max.
  MTV2 should do a show called "Re-Store my Muscle Car".
BMOTOXSTAR  :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

BLACKWOLF

I WOULDN'T LET MTV TOUCH ANY OF MY CARS!
I DON'T NEED PLASMA TVs AND GIANT WHEELS ON MY CLASSICS.
I'M ON FACEBOOK

skip68

:iagree: Like that show Payback.   :puke:    Rich people giving a car to other rich people.   :slap:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BrianShaughnessy

Celebs are cheap gimmicks to boost ratings after a TV show has jumped the shark.
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

my73charger

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on November 09, 2006, 10:58:12 PM
I AM TIRED OF WATCHING CELEBRITIES AND THEIR RELATIVES HAVING THEIR CARS REDONE.
WHEN I FIRST STARTED WATCHING THEIR SHOW IT WAS FOR PEOPLE THAT COULDN'T AFFORD TO RESTORE THEIR CARS.

:iagree:  They ruined a decent show.

BigBlockSam

they talk to much on OVERHAULIN . i want to see the work being done , not hear alot of chatter
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

4forty

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on November 09, 2006, 10:58:12 PM

Couldn't agree more!! tired of this crap, these guys are millionaires, they can have ANY car redone ANYTIME

Blue Pentastar

Yeah I stopped watching a long time ago also. However I do really like the Trick My Truck show on CMT. It needs to be longer a half hour on a semi is not complete enough.

Mike  :Twocents:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Charger_Fan

I've never even seen one episode.
Doesn't sound like I've been missing much. :icon_smile_tongue:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

I think I saw part of that show once when I was flipping channels & it didn't catch my interest. I like watching reruns of Gilligan's Island myself. The professor was the best at making custom cars from bamboo & straw. Remember the pedal powered taxi Gilligan drove?  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ponch ®

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 10, 2006, 02:53:08 PM
I think I saw part of that show once when I was flipping channels & it didn't catch my interest. I like watching reruns of Gilligan's Island myself. The professor was the best at making custom cars from bamboo & straw. Remember the pedal powered taxi Gilligan drove?  :D

Ginger or Mary Ann?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bananabeast

Rmeinds me of that show "Ride's with Funkmaster Flex"  .   Show about nice rides but eventually they started restoring muscle cars  for othe celebs like Ludacris, Missy Elliot, and lil kim . It was ridiculous they would take a a celebs car that was all rotted out and  restore/pimp  it  and return it . These people they're doing it for already have money and are getting a car done for free. I just dont know what to say anymore  :ahum:
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Kirkvkid

Yeah, they (Overhaulin) does spend to much time talking.  Like 35 mins on the dumb prank, 15 mins on commercials, and 10 mins of working on the actual car.  I mean honestly, if you have a car thats been sitting for 10 years and you have done nothing with it... are you really gonna notice it is gone for a week?  I bet half these guys wouldn't even notice if the 'cops' didn't call.

I noticed on 'PIMP' that it seems people on there are 'fake'.  I mean the people are real but it seems like they just buy an old beater, smash it up, toss some food and garbage in it and call MTV.  Did you see the one where the guy had that 80's cadillac limo.  He was missing a door in the back, and he had left like a half a plate of food on the seats.  Do they really expect me to believe this guy had the cash for a limo(beat up or not) and then continued to drive it around for a few years. ::)  He had a garbage bag for a door.  I mean the guy said he was a carpenter, he couldn't screw a piece of wood on the side??? 
-Sal

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Mean 318

Those guys on MTV are  bunch of hacks! One of their cars ended up here it is a total pile! I still like Overhaulin, but I agree that it is stupid to be doing rich peoples cars.  ::) But I still like to watch the ones that they do for average guys!  ;D

General_01

I am wondering if they are doing it for celebs because they are the only ones who can afford the taxes after they are done with the car. I think the government taxes you just like they would if you won the lottery. You figure the hourly wage for all those guys working on the car 24/7 and the supplies. You get a nice car, but then you get to pay taxes on the worth of it. Didn't we have a thread about this about 6-8 months ago?
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BLACKWOLF

in jackson co. they determine your vehicle property tax by make, model and year. not by the condition. they do not appraise your car. the tax on my 73 charger is $4.20 a year.
I'M ON FACEBOOK

B5 Charger

They lost me a long time ago.  Too much talking, too many two tone paint jobs, too many 20" plus rims and too much plot line.  Foose has his own style.  Some like it.  I for one do not 95% of the time.  The only foose custom I really loved was the Gone in 60 Seconds remake '67 Shelby.   :P

General_01

Quote from: BLACKWOLF on November 11, 2006, 09:37:56 AM
in jackson co. they determine your vehicle property tax by make, model and year. not by the condition. they do not appraise your car. the tax on my 73 charger is $4.20 a year.

I am not talking about taxes for plates and such. I am talking that you get taxed for the worth of the work. If you paid to have all that work done, it would cost you about $40,000 or more. Thus, you get taxed just like you won $40,000.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

BLACKWOLF

I'M ON FACEBOOK

BB1

My Cuda has a tax value is $.16 in Kansas. :smilielol: :lol:
Delete my profile