News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

B-Body Tranny Differences

Started by brant, November 07, 2006, 06:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brant

I'm in th process of converting my 71 Super bee into a 4 speed. I really curious if 69 B-body pedals, Z bar, clutch bar and fork would work, as I friend want's to sell it all to me. I was under the impression everything changed???? Am I correct that the 71 Charger used the same 4 speed as the ebody did, with a long tail shaft? Thanks a million.

The 69 car was a 440 Runner.

RallyeMike

If you are using the bucket-seat pistol grip shifter set up you will need a 70 and later tailshaft housing on the trans to mount the shifter in the right location. These have the rear shifter mount location you need. Yes - this is the same as e-body used. The rest of the 69 trans will be fine - you just need the correct tailshaft housing.

I don't think the pedals will work.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

tecmopar

The pedals won't work in a '71, you need E-body pedals or '71 -up B-body, good luck.

brant

THank you for the quick response. Much appreciated.