News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68,69,or 70?

Started by h76, October 28, 2006, 06:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

The 68 Charger is by far the ugliest one I think because it has the rear tail lights that look
like the beady eyes of a DoDo bird and the front grille just looks dull.

The 69 front grille looks like it shouldnt have the I piece and it makes me wanna
knock it out everytime I see it..but then it would look like the 68.

Now the 70 is in my opinion the best looking of the 3 because of the cool looking
front grille and bumper along with the better tail lights and of course

Has the best interior
Pistolgrip
Sixpack options
Electric Headlight motors
High Impact Colors
Hood Callouts
and other cool stuff...

It is just a better car all around in my opinion.

squeakfinder

You forgot to ad  :stirthepot: to your post.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

squeakfinder

I was trying to be nice about it earlier but the front of the 70 sucks. They had it wright in 68, and the 69 is OK. But the designers were clearly out of idea's by 1970. They were on there third year of rehashing a design that was already as good as it was going to get.  Its like trying to change or improve one of Mozart's symphony's. Its already perfect. (I am talking about external appearance by the way. I would not hesitate to install a pistol grip in my 68. Now thats a cool shifter).

Oh and..... :stirthepot:

squeakfinder

And what are you talking about. The 68 taillights look more like something you would see on a T shirt at Hooters. That ain't so bad.

WheresMyCharger

69,69,69, I had 3 of them and only 2 '70's ,My younger brother had a 68 R/T and my older brother still has his 69 4 speed after 27 years. 69 is my favorite :yesnod:
Have you seen my old '69 Charger??
       *XP29H9B324356*

rickhemi

Rick<br />charger 69RT HEMI

Bullit_68

I like all three years but i like the grille and taillights on the 68 the best.

h76

I like the 68s because to me they look less cluttered/showy.Personally I like the fact they were the least optioned 2nd gen charger.

ChargerSG

The 69 comes first then the 70, but if a 68 has the 69 taillights its a clear second. But i like them all ;D
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

gers1968rt

I might be a litlle biased, since I've owned two 68 chargers since 1979. The first kind of dropped in my lap  :o  and I couldn't help but love it. I remember a local guy had a 69 rt and after that all I wanted was a 68 rt. I love the fact it is more distintive with the round taillights, and a little simpler looking than the 69 or 70. I do however, also like the grill of the 69.
I used to own a mopar because it was different, but now I know better.

RECHRGD

OK, I'm a little biased, but the 68 is the cleanest looking of the three.  The 69 grill is too busy looking for me and the 70 front bumper just dosen't look like it belongs.  I do like them all, but the 68 will always be my favorite.  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Dodge Don

70 Charger all the way. Best of breed in my opinion. 68 and 69s don't look particularly "muscular"...the 70 looks beefed up and ready to kick ass.

If I had to choose second place....it'd go to the 71 R/T.