News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help- need to replace wire in harness How??

Started by moparjohn, October 25, 2006, 07:30:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

I got a new A/C wire harness, it is the blower motor hot lead and the A/C compresser. The wire go into the top harness on the firewall.  The new wires just push into the harness BUT how do you get the old ones out?  They do not pull out esasily with pliers ( I don't want to ruin the harness)  and they don't seem to push out from the back either. Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

resq302

John, I ran into this problem when I blew my fuseable link wire.  The flat spade connecter is actually spread out a little inside the plastic plug that connects into the bulk head connector at the fire wall.  If you take a small flat screwdriver and push the spade part of the wire end in towards the center of the connection, you should be able to compress it and pull (gently)/slide the wire out.  When you want to put the new one in, it should just slide in place and then snap or click into its correct spot.  The snapping/clicking noise will be the end expanding into the opening inside the plug harness.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparjohn

Thanks Brian, worked right away! My car has heat now, probably the first time in 13 years!
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

resq302

Heat is a good thing.... especially in the fall months when the cruise nights and shows tend to get a bit cooler.  Glad to hear it worked for you. :thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto