News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

magnumforce subframe connectors for a 73

Started by 73chargers4404, October 24, 2006, 08:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

has anyone else ordered and have had  trouble with magnumforce subframe connectors for a 73  ,im having trouble with the passenger side subframe ,theres a 1inch gap in the back side of the shackel on the passenger side

squeakfinder

You might try this thread in the chassis and suspension discussion board. Are the connectors a different lenght sitting side by side? Or is the driver side allready welded in? Maybe take a tape messure and check that there not the same. Have they got a tech line you can call? Sorry if you allready tried this.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

73chargers4404

i  have tried calling them, they are pricks,they said it was how i  installed them ,they said there jig can not be missed up ,and they have sold over a hundred sets and i was just screwed.heres some pictures the rear shackel on the driver side is at sharper angle when the passenger side is allmost streight with no angle.

Dans 68

Hmm, I feel somewhat responsible as my car was used for the prototype connector and jigs. :o  MagnumForce installed them for me, so I don't have any issues. They have always been good people to deal with. Have you looked the relevant thread on this site? My car and the connectors are shown in a few photos. Good luck.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,5388.0.html

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

73chargers4404

yah you shouldnt feel that way ,who do you think gave you the idea way back when the old charger web sight was still up? ;D you live in campbell cali or some town that sounds like that ,i managed to get them to work after welding a filler peice where the gap was.

Dans 68

Well, it is good to chat with ya again! I hope the subframe connector problem is now in the past. While Campbell is a few cities away from Sunnyvale,  I'm always driving by MagnumForce's shop in my comings and goings. If  you need a bodily presence  let me know.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

73chargers4404

THATS FUNNY ;D ;D ;D Sorry it took awhile to write back i was on youth deer hunt with my 8 year little girl ,freezing are ass off weekend with no luck ,then when get home we wait in the back yard and she kills a deer from 100 yards with a peep sight  ;D ;D ;D :icon_smile_approve: :icon_smile_approve: