News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

octane booster

Started by Silver R/T, October 23, 2006, 10:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

Whats best brand? Do they work? HOw much octane they increase?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

resq302

Ive found that they really dont work.  Best thing to do is to get the highest octane at the pumps that you can.  Until recently, I used to run Ultra 94 from Sunoco in my tank.  Only reason why I stopped using it was because Sunoco discontinued the Ultra 94 and now calls it Ultra 93.  I can get 93 anywhere around by me that is cheaper than Sunoco.  I have found a place also that is near me that sells 100 octane race fuel.  Tried that once in the car and made is sound so much better and run so much smoother.  Definitely a noticeable increase in power from the engine too.  If I remember correctly, it had either a purple tint or a bluish tint to it.  Totally different smell from the exhaust too.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

deputycrawford

Resq, I believe it is purple. I have used CAM 2 brand race fuel at 110 octane. i love the smell of race fuel in the morning. I also use it in my 13 to 1 compression 2004 Yamaha YZ450F race bike. Everyone knows i'm hiding something when they smell it run. Then I grab the holeshot.

oh, how much do you pay for yours? The 110 I use is $4.39 a gallon i believe the last time I bought some.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

John_Kunkel

Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

resq302

Funny that you mention that Cam 2 name as that is the station I got it at.  Supposedly Cam2 is the race name for Sunoco fuels.  The place I got mine was 100 octane and it was at almost the height of the gas crunch.  I paid something like $6.99/gal in northern NJ (I think it was June or July).  I only got a 2.5 gal can filled as my car was low on gas anyway and I wanted to see if it made a difference.  Funny thing is the gas pump read that my 2.5 gal container took 3.2 gals of gas with no gas being spilt.  So, of course, I called the local boys in blue over and advised them that there was something funny going on with the pumps and they said that this was not the first time they have had this complaint there.  Anyway, needless to say, I have not gone there since and that was the only place I am aware of that sold anything above 93 octane in Morris County, NJ.  I would love to just put a tank full in and see what kind of performance I would get out of a tank load though.  Of course, I would probably have to rob a bank or steal from my future kids college fund or something to be able to afford it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

mally69

well i used it in my 440 when i pulled the plugs they had like a build up on them   have no idea what it was but it was on there good it was hard to get off the plug lobes

Challenger340

Anybody ever played with Toluene ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

Ghoste

There was a big thread going on at the 66-67 Charger forum about toluene.  There were a couple of guys using it on there.   I slip into Detroit and buy the good stuff whenever I can.  I agree with resq302, the best octane booster is high octane fuel.

71 Bee Man

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 23, 2006, 10:02:06 PM
Whats best brand? Do they work? HOw much octane they increase?

I used Nulon for a while, and it did make a bit of a difference.

Now we have 98 Octane at the pumps and some have at least 100 Octane, so I just run that now.

Peter
Sydney, Australia. :yesnod:
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html