News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A-1 canvas?!?!? on ebay

Started by HITMAN 149, October 18, 2006, 07:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HITMAN 149

???
hey guys...
anybody have any good...bad..or indifferent, on a interior company from Michigan A-1 canvas?!?!? i saw their ads on EBAY, and their prices seem descent for seat covers, and panels?!?!? looking for any comments?!?!
thinking about doing the 68's interior black w/ dark grey pleats?
thanks.....
-JOHN "hobobum"

68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bksfld68

I have bought a couple of items from A1 Canvas, last item was a black vinyl top for my 68.  Everything went smooth and it is going on tomorrow.

Ryan

bull

The guy's name is Jeff and I think he's done pretty well on the interior stuff he sells.

To be honest I did run into a little trouble with him while looking to buy a '68 Charger quite a while back because I could never get him to send me the pictures I was asking for. I finally asked a couple guys to go and look at it for me and it wasn't worth what he was asking. I can't say he was trying to rip me off but my hunch was it didn't feel right so I obviously didn't buy. He used to get a little fired up too easily and I remember him getting into it with some people here over some issues, but then that describes many of us sometimes, including me.

That said I wouldn't have any qualms about buying from him now. He seems to be pretty good to deal with these days from what I've heard.

HITMAN 149

thanks evil dr Z. (BULL) LOL
and good luck with the vinyl top ryan..keep me posted how it fits?!?!?!? as i'll be looking to put one on mine after the rest of the resto!!!
-JOHN
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

twilt

I had a unpleasant transaction with him (Jeff) on Ebay and would absolutely positively NEVER do business with him again. He is a member of this forum. I`m not going to rehash the whole story, call names, or get into another arguement/dispute with Jeff here.  Last time we exchanged pleasantries, the post got locked. I tried searching for that post but it appears to have been deleted.

My advice on ANY purchase from any seller is to inquire about the sellers return policy, just in case you are not happy with the quality of the items received. The reality is that many repro parts are of less than desirable quality.   

bull

Quote from: NO LONGER A REGISTERED USER on October 18, 2006, 08:37:45 PM
I had a unpleasant transaction with him (Jeff) on Ebay and would absolutely positively NEVER do business with him again. He is a member of this forum. I`m not going to rehash the whole story, call names, or get into another arguement/dispute with Jeff here.  Last time we exchanged pleasantries, the post got locked. I tried searching for that post but it appears to have been deleted.

My advice on ANY purchase from any seller is to inquire about the sellers return policy, just in case you are not happy with the quality of the items received. The reality is that many repro parts are of less than desirable quality.   

Now that's a cool username. :yesnod:

squeakfinder

I bought door panels,seat covers and seat foam all black for my 68 from Jeff. I'm happy with the quality and the discount price over buying direct from Legendary. He drop ships those items at least what I bought was. The only thing is Legendary is not real quick on getting things out. Some if not all of the products mentioned above were manufactured after I ordered them so don't be in a big hurry to get your items.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

MadScientist

Got my C5XA covers from him lickety-split. No issues at all.  Good product.

MS

41husk

I got Challenger seat covers from him with no problems.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

PocketThunder

his name on here is mastermopar and he is a good guy, he is just busyer* than a one legged man in a ass kicking contest.  I bought my complete interior set from him for my 68 and i was happy with everything he sent me..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

DC_1

Can't speak of his products but he can get a little pissy......I was going to go look at the same 68 Bull spoke of and told him a day when I would be in the area during the Xmas holidays.(he is 4 hours from me)....my scheduled changed and because of a family thing I couldn't make it......he bitched me out in an email so I never re-scheduled. Didn't seem like he was the friendly type.....I needed door panels and interior covers that I was going to get from him but that experience turned me off......maybe he was having a bad day so I think I would give him another chance since others haven't had issues........just my experience for what its worth.

69DodgeCharger

I have sold Jeff a 69 Charger R/T and some other miscellaneous Charger parts and the dealings went well. He also quoted me some prices on interior stuff that were much lower than other suppliers. I agree that he is a very busy person and can get uptight if he thinks his time is going to be wasted, other than that....No problems!
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

c5_nc

I bought most of my interior for my 69 from him.  Would do busines with in the future.  He is knowledgeable and a fellow Charger owner, he knew most of the colors/matching stuff off the top of his head and everything that came in (PUI and TrimParts brands) looked great.  Is usually/mostly a nice guy.  It did take months to get everything in (secretary mixup?) after it was suppost ship out in a week, but the delays were not a problem (have not even installed anytthing yet) and I did not check in much or pressure him.  I thought I was going to have a problem with one peice that got shipped to wrong address and I was pretty much told to contact this supplier directly and get it worked out, but he ended up taking care of it.

69charger2002

nothing but good from him when i ordered a couple sets of door panels etc. great guy
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

charge-it

I bought 99% of my 68 Chargers interior from Jeff. One item was damaged (rear seat divider) and I believe that part was drop shipped from one of his suppliers. Sent him an email and a replacement was promptly shipped. My expirience with Jeff was great.
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Silver R/T

Got frong seat covers from him, didnt put them on yet
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bull

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 20, 2006, 11:45:16 AM

Frong? Please explain.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

squeakfinder

That makes seance, the G key is wright under the T key. Could happen to anybod6. :icon_smile_wink:

bull

Yes but 'W' isn't too far from 'F' so I was thinking he possibly meant to write the word 'wrong,' and if so I was wondering why he was getting ready to put the 'wrong' seat covers on.

mopar-muscle988

I think it might be with the customer buying the product. Perhaps they want new when New doesn't exist in some cases...  Perhaps the buyer should just ask to see pics.. That would solve everyones problems...   :icon_smile_big:

Old Moparz

Quote from: bull on October 20, 2006, 02:24:30 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on October 20, 2006, 11:45:16 AM

Frong? Please explain.

It's a brand. Didn't you ever see the "FRONG" stickers on all the import cars? They usually have them stuck on the big wings.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

squeakfinder

OOPS. I guess some of us aren't up to date on all this new age crapolla.

bull

Quote from: rotsparts on October 23, 2006, 08:57:44 PM
OOPS. I guess some of us aren't up to date on all this new age crapolla.

That's ok, I've got the feeling Old Moparz is goofing on us. :yesnod: