News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do some of you really care about post count?

Started by bull, August 26, 2005, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy440

Could give a crap.  Don't even know why it's important to have it listed.
I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

NHCharger

Maybe the guys shooting for a high post count are trying to make up for something they got shorted on. Oh wait, that's what vette's are for. :D
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TheGhost

Quote from: mustanghater on August 26, 2005, 03:30:54 PM
hey when ever I want were ever I want. mainly moparts and here. but I seriously need a car to work on or get a job.

Fast food places are ALWAYS hiring....

No.  It's just a # underneath your name.  Just because someone has a high post count, doesn't mean they know what they are talking about half the time......  Just my .02 cents.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

ChgrSteve67

Oh look it changed again. How do you do it Troy.
I'm the first to admit I don't know what I'm doing or what I'm talking about.

golden73

I dont really post that much... although I spend a lot of time reading all the info

psykicpup

just know that although I lurked mainly 'round the old board very few people remember me....I'm making sure I dont get forgot again  ;)..........

and I like talking to you lot :-[
my daughter & boyfriend 'Sunny Sunday'

DFPA and proud of it!

Silver R/T

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 26, 2005, 11:18:00 AM
Some people like high post counts for themselves & just adapt to their situation better.

lol
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargermad890

I cant imagine the time it takes to get your post count in thousands on the old site I had maybe 400 at the most at that was over a 2 year time span. when this site was a week old a few members already had over 400......... the must live in front of there computers ???

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

70 Charger 500 383/833 pistol grip 3.91sg
71 New Yorker 440/Auto
04 Ram 5.7L 4x4 5spd 3.92 Auburn Posi
Old screen name MA_Young_Gun

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

71 New Yorker 440/Auto

Mass_Mopar

-Nick

71 New Yorker 440/Auto

psykicpup

because there were so few people on the site, it was easy to reply directly to eavery comment on a post, now we are larger anything you feel like saying has often been said by the time you read the post !

plus we were trying to show our support for all of Troys hard work by being here as much as we could!

Some very stong freindships were born that week!

ok I'm ready to be flamed!

DFPA and proud of it!

Mass_Mopar

I also had 6 or 700 on the last board, but like others it took me 3+ years to get there.   I do a little more posting on moparts anyway.   Quality not quantity, but who really cares?
-Nick

71 New Yorker 440/Auto

twilt

i think that there are a few who really do. there are about a 1/2 dozen that i can think of that post often, but say little. i think in some odd kind of way it is an ego boost for them.   

psykicpup

Quote from: twilt on August 26, 2005, 07:24:10 PM
i think that there are a few who really do. there are about a 1/2 dozen that i can think of that post often, but say little. i think in some odd kind of way it is an ego boost for them.     

did you read my post... i think that 'half dozen' you refer to might be in those few

DFPA and proud of it!

derailed

ill admit im a recovering GM aholic. I spend most of my time reading and learning new stuff on the tech forum

IBsmokin

I usually just troll this site on a daily basis, sometimes I dont even post at all, I just read what everyone else says, most of the time I usually post just to cause a disturbance or to shock someone with what I have to say.  And sometimes I may post something stupid just to get a laugh or at least put a smile on your face.

Afflyer

I was disseapointed that I had to start all over again, after having more than 600 posts from that Charger site of yore.  But what can you do?  Simply start over again.

Bradley  :devil:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

Lowprofile

Quote from: IBsmokin on August 26, 2005, 09:18:44 PM
I usually just troll this site on a daily basis, sometimes I dont even post at all, I just read what everyone else says, most of the time I usually post just to cause a disturbance or to shock someone with what I have to say. And sometimes I may post something stupid just to get a laugh or at least put a smile on your face.

Nooooooooooo, not you, Dude!  :rotz:

Ya know, Your f#$&@n' killin' me!!  LOL!! :2thumbs: :apimp: :cheers:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

HalfastAMX

HAD A COUPLE THOUSAND ON THE OLD SITE, BUT STILL ADJUSTING TO THIS ONE. AS FOR POST COUNT, WE KNOW WHOS BEEN AROUND LONGER AND WE KNOW WHO THE TRUE CONTRIBUTORS ARE.

TruckDriver

In a word..................
                                                  ......................NO!
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

69_500

I could care less about how many post I have. I talked to Troy about this at the Mopar Nationals, and I told him how I felt on the issue. I read a lot of the different post and such, and then if there is 15 replies that all only say "Good job" or "sorry" or whatever I don't feel the need to add a 16th one to the list. Not that I don't think they did a good job, but I think they get the point.

Shakey

Quote from: mustanghater on August 26, 2005, 01:45:31 PM
are in school now? I don't start till monday.

Make sure you pay attention this year in grammar & spelling!

Khyron

Doesn't matter to me too much. I try to add a little something with a post. even if it's just a joke.

I do like to  :stirthepot: at times ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.