News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do some of you really care about post count?

Started by bull, August 26, 2005, 10:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm just wondering if some of you worry about high post counts here because it seems like ever since this site went up a few members took off like a bat out of hell with a lot of one-line posts. Just a coincidence or is there a prize waiting for the first guy that gets to 10k?

694spdRT

I would like to get back to Senior member status, but I don't post just to "fluff" up the number.

Besides I got blew out of the water so quick when this site started it was pointless.   :)

BTW: thanks for asking...that is one more for each of us.  :thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Telvis

I feel like I post a lot until I see some of the other members that are more than double my post count.  I don't see how they do it. I think my wife would divorce me if I spent anymore time online. I don't care that much about post count. I just can't sit back quietly and just read the posts.

bull

Here I go fluffing my post count again. Anyway, there's another interesting tidbit to take into account and that's the "total time logged in" stat at the top of each page. I've been on for 3 days, 1 hour and 13 minutes, which is longer than some people who have higher post counts. Basically that means some people do more talking than listening.  :)

I know I wouldn't be on here so much if my kids were a little older but with my wife working on my days off, and two little girls to keep track of, I'm a prisoner in my own home for the time being. I wonder if I'll be posting more or less once the heavy duty restoration process begins?

Shakey

andy74

some people are just plain old post whores!the first week there were people with like 500 posts,dont they work?or that mustang kid,but he must be back in school now!

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Telvis on August 26, 2005, 10:52:54 AM
I feel like I post a lot until I see some of the other members that are more than double my post count. I don't see how they do it. I think my wife would divorce me if I spent anymore time online. I don't care that much about post count. I just can't sit back quietly and just read the posts.
:iagree:

I will ask a few questions, try my best to answer a few questions, and compliment people on their cars. But mostly I will just sit back, read the posts, and take all that knowledge in.

Old Moparz

Some people like high post counts for themselves & just adapt to their situation better.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

kab69440

No, not really. I post when i have something to say, or if I need information.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

RT DAVE

68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Charger_Fan

I don't really care about post count. A couple years ago I did, but I've gotten over it. ;D

I'm currently at a position at work where I'm at the confuzer all day, doing work stuff. I've usually got a window open to this site most of the day, unless it's just plain too busy.
When I change jobs (hopefully damn soon), you won't see me around here much in the daytime...unless I land at another place with a confuzer in front of my face all day.   :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

6pkrunner

Its just a number people. And it has absolutely no reflection on the quality or insightfulness of what was typed per post. May as wel have a category of clouds viewed - just as relevant.

41husk

I think most people just like to talk about things that interest them.  As soon as high school wrestling season starts (about the same time I put the charger away) I spend more time on those sites.  If someone is truly interested in their post numbers best of luck to them.  Who are they hurting?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mustanghater

are in school now? I don't start till monday.
New Muscle car forum

ramit

I do not really have anything to say about this, I just want to add to my post count. :)

bluesfool

QuoteNot one effing bit.

:iagree: If I cared about counts, I'd have more than 30 by now :icon_smile_big:...even at the old board, I only had 300 and something

Quoteor that mustang kid,but he must be back in school now!

I got on Moparts when this site was down for a few hours last night and wouldnt you know it, he already posted there too..LOL!

bluesfool

Oops...I didn't mean to post here again. Now look at that, my count increased again!

ramit

JR

I don't usually post unless I have something useful to say.

I had just over 600 posts at the old site, but took 4 years to get them.

Frankly I could care less about that number under my name.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

ChgrSteve67

I haven't decided if I care yet.

Is there a prize for the most?
Or do you only get to be at the top of Troy's S**T list for filling up the server?

mustanghater

hey when ever I want were ever I want. mainly moparts and here. but I seriously need a car to work on or get a job.
New Muscle car forum

Troy

Quote from: mustanghater on August 26, 2005, 03:30:54 PM
hey when ever I want were ever I want. mainly moparts and here. but I seriously need a car to work on or get a job.

You know they have job listings on the internet right?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

69bananabeast

Dont really care about post count either.  Like stated previously # of posts dont really mean anything at all , Its more of the quality of each pose and how useful or interesting it is to another.  I do admit that I have posted more often on the old site I had about 3 a day and now im about 9 a day. Who  knows maybe theres more to talk about here or maybe its that i've learned more about cars  ???
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Andrew

Quote from: 6pkrunner on August 26, 2005, 01:21:31 PM
May as wel have a category of clouds viewed - just as relevant.
theres one shaped like a whale floating past my window now, mabey its chasing the spider that i saw before.

oh,.....theres a whaling ship behind it