News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Few mopars in the new need for speed game

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, October 12, 2006, 07:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

Need for speed carbon hits the streets on oct.31

and a few mopes will be in it(concept challenger with foose style paint job,69 charger r/t,06 300,new charger srt-8 and daytona ,06 viper,1970 hemi cuda as well as a member of www.cuda-challenger.com 1971 challenger 383 4-spd car)(the 71 challenger pic has yet 2 be released)

new chally

new charger

new viper

new 300

69 charger(dont worry it has a feature where u can modify it,it doesnt come like this, u can even tub a car or make it dead stock, or even customize like ur own car)

70 cuda

Dave22443

Anybody check this game out yet?  I'm wondering if its worth getting?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Lostsheep_01

I'd like to see more screen shots of that paint scheme on the '69 Charger.  It looks slick. :thumbs:
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

Dave22443

Here's a link to the official game gallery where you can see all of the cars in the game.  Dial-up beware

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/car.jsp

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

THE CHARGER PUNK

i rented it and beat it 1st day, its an ok game, very cool driving the cuda,(which u can get a 71 kit for it) and the 69 charger u can get a 68 front end and a 6-pack hood)-MATT

SeattleCharger

I have an older need for speed game for pc, it is a cool game,  but this sounds too good to be true, I gotta get that. 

Is it available for PC?    :musik010:

The thing that is fun about this game,  like my need for speed underground, besides the racing,  is that there are a million options of brakes, paint colors, wheels, spoilers, engine components, suspension components, decals, spoilers, etc.,    you can design the looks of your car any way you want pretty much, totally bitchin

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

SeattleCharger

Here's the way I see it, you gotta get this for desktop computer, need a pretty nice computer, but is sweet.  Here's what they got:

Exclusive Collector's Edition Content - Featuring three new cars, ten specially tuned cars, six new races, ten exclusive vinyl kits, and a bonus DVD containing behind-the-scenes footage on the making of the game.
Survive the Canyon - All-new Canyon Duel and Drift race modes are the ultimate test of skill and nerve, where one wrong turn could cost you more than the race.

The City Is Yours for the Taking - Race for control of the city block-by-block by taking down rival crews on their turf, then defeat their crew leaders in life-or-death races in Carbon Canyon.

Customize Your Dream Cars - The revolutionary new Autosculpt car customization tool gives you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way imaginable

Represent a Class - Align with the Tuner, American Muscle, or Exotic car classes and prove once and for all who makes the best set of wheels. A new physics model makes each class handle and drive differently.

Build Your Crew - Strategically choose your crew members and then use their skills on the road and in the garage to help you dominate races.

Race Online - Take your custom Autosculpted car online and challenge other live racers from around the world.

I don't know about this game but in need for speed underground, to get through the underground and trick out your car with access to every upgrade of tons of sh$#, it was hard and tons of hours,  this game shouldn't be easy I would guess

SeattleCharger

Sweet!!    ok, I am psyched, you want to body sculpt the new challenger and put on different wheels and bumpers?  when you have the thing on muscle cars., click on "sculpt car" on right of screen, then click on challenger, click on front bumper or back bumper or rims, then there is a slide bar at top, move it around and the parts change into lots of different ways, in the game it is way more than this you can do,

You can do this in the demo link Dave put on here:

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/car.jsp

THE CHARGER PUNK

yes worth getting it for PC, get a steering wheel,shifter and pedals for sure, and yes u can add w/e you want make a black 69 charger with 200s wheels a 70 front end and a blower and boom i amde tfatf charger :yesnod: :icon_smile_big:

4forty

Great game, played til 3am last weekend. Sculpting feature is cool, my car is  a black hemi cuda. WITHOUT 22' rims.

Dave22443

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on December 07, 2006, 11:57:31 PM
  I have an older need for speed game for pc, it is a cool game,  but this sounds too good to be true, I gotta get that. 

SCD,
  Like you, I have a couple of the older NFS games.  To wet your whistle while you wait to get to the store to pick up your copy of Carbon, point your browser in this direction and learn to love your older games all over again.    :drive:

http://www.nfscars.net/index.php

- Abraham Lincoln

THE CHARGER PUNK

the only thing that sucks in this game is that  1#u cannot get a wing car and 2# the orange color in the game sucks!!!(in Midnight lub 3 Dub edition i had a 1969 daytona all hopped up)

SeattleCharger

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 08, 2006, 02:26:00 PM
the only thing that sucks in this game is that  1#u cannot get a wing car and 2# the orange color in the game sucks!!!(in Midnight lub 3 Dub edition i had a 1969 daytona all hopped up)

What is the midnight lub 3 dub edition?  is that an EA need for speed game version?   

Which game is better overall in your opinion?   I was maybe going to buy the carbon one,   I haven't played either of those. 

I heard on this game (carbon) you can build up your car and then race online for pink slips, your computer actually removes your custom car, that you had to build up over time, from your computer if you lose, and it automatically goes to the other guy. Or you can win his car.  The value of the car I think is that you had to spend a lot of time racing and winning to get it souped up, I don't know, I just heard this secondhand from someone who knows someone who has the game,  :icon_smile_dead:

THE CHARGER PUNK

carbon is better as its newer, but mifnight club 3 :dub edition is still cool,similar game but no pink slips or stuff liek that, overall carbon better but harder -MATT

Shakey

I like the Grand Theft Auto game where you get to ride a bicycle and you get to kill people with knives and flamethrowers!   :yesnod:

SeattleCharger

Just got the game! going to download it now,  :musik010:

SeattleCharger

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on December 09, 2006, 05:29:25 AM
carbon is better as its newer, but mifnight club 3 :dub edition is still cool,similar game but no pink slips or stuff liek that, overall carbon better but harder -MATT

Hey ChargerPunk, been playing the new game a bunch.   The online option, always says can't make one, where are the online players?

Had to start with the camaro,  :icon_smile_angry:, but I have it tricked out, have the first bottom three maps almost won, but can't get past the last two drifts of those sections, man that drifting is tough for me.   

And most of the time after a city race, you gotta avoid the cops, heh, that is fun, but a pain when you just want to get back to a race and win money and progress and then hopefully I can get the mopar muscle soon.    I notice the game gives you a camaro, then a mustang or 300, they make the Mopar muscle the hardest and later ones to get!!  cause the Mopars are the best!!   just shows me that Mopars have become way more popular, they make the challenger or charger the sweet rides of the game, hardest to get.     I racked up $155,000.00 damage to state in one cop chase,

Moparman01

I've had NFS Carbon since it came out, gotta be one of the best NFS games yet!!!! I've already won my career mode and have bought up most of the Mopars. The Challenger is amazing, i put a set of 17" Tourq-Thrust rims on it and it looks sweeeeeet!!!! I've fully modified each one of my cars too with all "pro" level performance upgrades, i have to say it's a toss up between which car handels better, the Hemi-Cuda is great but the Challenger handles like it is on rails!!! The graphics on this game are killer good, and very fast frame rates too, makes ya feel like your really haullin' ass!! If you Like racing games and Mopars, it's well worth the $40 bucks to pic this game up!!!

SeattleCharger

Finally got the hang of drifting, won the pink slip to the 69 R/T Charger, also bought a new Charger, no more Camaro,
   The 69 drifts awesome, man that is fun,  the cops are getting tougher in the game   
Can you bring your own cars into online games?     
  Ya, this game is cool.   You can upgrade your performance and handling, adjust torque to hp ratios, understeer and oversteer, on nitrous the duration versus amount of boost, etc. etc., holley, edelbrock, NOS, TCI, B&M, STillen, KYB, Weiand,   shocks, swaybars, springs, intake, cams, pistons, superchargers, nitrous, exhaust, plus lots of body parts and rims and colors and air dams, etc. etc.  ,   just getting into being able to fix up car some.   
    The 69 I won I had to change up so it wouldn't look like the previous owners car,  but I haven't gotten access to the paint colors yet,

THE CHARGER PUNK

its a great game and the cars are wicked i amde a plum crazy 71 hemi cuda and jumped and rolled it, very fun game,gets very hard later on, we played from lunch till 6 am to beat it :icon_smile_big:-MATT

gnrl01

Assuming this is a Ps2 game? Graphics look awesome, does the cars show damage?

SeattleCharger

I have the PC version (desktop computer).   I figure the pc version is the best, very high image detail and resolution, you need a pretty good hard drive and vid card, and you can race other people online with a good internet connection, also can set keyboard controls to whatever buttons you want for each control
  The pic I took does not do the graphics justice, looks way better on my comp. screen. 
The game is available for other systems, prob. PS2, that link above shows what all you can play it on.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Brock Samson

that looks pretty good but the wheelwell flares throw me off..  :-\

SeattleCharger

The flares are a body kit option, you can have the car look stock with magnum wheels if you want,

Whoever said they completed the career, dang, my hat is off to you, very hard,

I am stuck, says I have tier 3 upgrades, but in customize car I can't find it, have pro upgrades in all categories.

Also, can't get the challenger or cuda,

how do you exit the game to windows when you are playing?  I have to turn my power off to get out of game,