News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hi-po exhaust installation

Started by floyds68, October 09, 2006, 10:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floyds68

Tried a search and had no luck, manuel doesnt say.  Exhaust gasket has a siver colored material on one side (FELPRO), I dont know wether it should face the block or the manifold. Any Ideas? Also any tips, cautions, or articles to reference on things to consider during this install would help.  Thanks

Updated thread

What kind of bolts/studs were used to attatch the Hi-performance manifolds?  Heres my problem.
in pic 1 you can see the one hole thats doin its own thing.  It is about 3 linches deep and the diameter is so small that I can only fit the nut down inside, no chance of getting a socket around it.  The other side has 2 holes the same and the clearance is pretty slim.  Has anyone ever heard of this problem, How did they come from the factory?  Any clues.  What a downer :icon_smile_sad:
Floyd

"Drive it like you stole it"

Plumcrazy

The factory didn't use a gasket between the heads and manifolds.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I put the flat side of the gasket toward the block....really dont think it makes a difference though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Chryco Psycho

irf you use a gasket it will fail very quickly , I use a THIN coat of high temp silicone around the ports & bolt the manifold to the head , NO gasket
the Nut you need are a sleeve nut about 3" long as mentioned

8WHEELER

You need some of these sleeve nuts, you will need to leave the studs in the heads.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Bill Allphin sells the complete kit on his site to install the factory manifolds.....

www.amhightechauto.com

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

floyds68

Thanks for all the help, I can always count on you guys for great info and advice.  The Gaskets are are out, the manifolds are finaly torqued down, and Im on to the next task.  Thanks again.

Floyd

"Drive it like you stole it"

Chryco Psycho

charge-it

I sell the correct barrel nuts that you need. These are threaded all the way through like the originals were. The nuts available from Chrysler today are not correct for a 100% looking resto. Here`s a pic

Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com