News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I am Guilty

Started by dkn1997, October 08, 2006, 05:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

....of being one of those guys who never drives his charger!!!  I get caught up in so many other things in life, 65+ hour work weeks, kids, fertilizing the lawn, coaching soccer, etc....

plus I get down about the car not being "perfect"  I am always working on it, upgrading.  Unfortunately, no upgrade is ever a bolt in or easy, so it's never done in one "session" then I don't get a chance to get back to it the next day or week or month sometimes, so it sits in pieces in the garage a lot of time.  not totally in pieces, but enough to make it not useable. 

Well, today was one of the good days.  I broke it out, got gas, and drove around for @3 hours.  So unusual that my wife calls me on my cell and asks "are you alright?"  I say "yeah, why?"  and she says "because you are never gone in that car for 2+ hours and I thought you may have broken down"

Did many gratuitous burnouts and loved how obnoxious I was.  Now I just need to find a way to mount 3 point belts in the back and then the kids can come along.  maybe some quieter muffs too.  . 

I am determined to drive it more, I have to.  Otherwise I might as well sell it to someone who will enjoy it...
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

I dont drive mine much right now either. So much work that needs to be done to it
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

nh_mopar_fan

Man, do I know that feeling.

I put 200 miles on my car last summer. This summer has been a little better. I think I've put 500 on this summer so far.

Alaskan_TA

Perfection is over rated, driving them is where the fun is.  :yesnod:

Barry

NHCharger

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on October 08, 2006, 05:54:07 PM
Man, do I know that feeling.

I put 200 miles on my car last summer. This summer has been a little better. I think I've put 500 on this summer so far.

You up for a Kangamangus Highway cruise next weekend? That will pad your miles. I've put over 3k on my 72 this summer, almost half was the Carlisle trip.
I went to a car show at the Sandwich Fair yesterday. Took third in the Mopar class. Of course there were only 4 mopars. :icon_smile_big:
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

nh_mopar_fan

I am in. I have to pull the boat and close the camp still but I will do that on the day we're not driving.

General_01

We had our Charger out today for a leaf run. Here are a couple pics.

1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

whitehatspecial

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 08, 2006, 05:55:03 PM
Perfection is over rated, driving them is where the fun is.  :yesnod:

Barry

:iagree:

I couldn't agree more with Barry. After doing the show circuit with another car several years ago, I can still remember sitting there, stuck all day on a show field and envying the people driving by in  their old cars.
After doing both (showing cars and driving them) put me down for driiving them as being much more fun than worrying about getting a stone chip or getting a crappy score from some a$$hole judge.
Someone will be driving that car after your gone so enjoy it, drive it, get it wet, and hit that redline.
Life is too short and in the end nothing is perfect.
For those of you who really enjoy your trailer queens, given some time you'll see the light.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Brock Samson

i'm finally getting more seat time in my R/T my suspension is needing some adjustments but as long as she's off the freeway and excellerating all is well in the world..   :yesnod: cruise em or lose em....  :icon_smile_wink:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Now that the car is "done" I nEVER disable it during the cruise season for the same reason.....dont want to get caught not being able to take her out...obviously if there is a breakdown you cant avoid it but upgrades etc can wait till the season is over...... :drive:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

RT DAVE

I've been guilty of that too, except much, much worse.  I bought mine in 92 and haven't put more than 100 miles on mine in any given year since the summer of 93.  If it ain't one thing it's another.  I did, however get her out just yesterday and laid a couple of good patches.  If I don't put at least 500 on her by July of next year she's gone...   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

deputycrawford

Mines been down all season because of a ruined crank. i blew the trans in two, Litterally. I had to replace the crank and my engine buiilder took all season to do it. I ended up putting it back together myself. Have 600 miles on it already. I even drove it to work today with a historical model year plate on it. I'm such a rebel. Many burnies to come. Hammer down driver.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

NYCMille

Hell... I put 200 miles on my Charger yesterday and drove it at least 4 times in the last 5 days....

terrible one

Quote from: NYCMille on October 09, 2006, 06:36:38 AM
Hell... I put 200 miles on my Charger yesterday and drove it at least 4 times in the last 5 days....

As it should be!  :yesnod:

bull

I'll drive all your Chargers for you if you guys don't have the time. Maybe I'll start a new service, like those people who walk dogs for a living.

Rolling_Thunder

I havent even put on 500 miles sinse it was painted....     been "running" for about 8 months now....            but the stroker is going together right now...    All i have to do now is wait for some time on the lift...    planning on having it in by Xmas...   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

nh_mopar_fan

Well, today was really nice here in NH so after we finshed a couple chores, decided to go up and close the camp at the lake. That was an hour drive both ways which was nice.

But, we took the Signet ragtop. Probably the last day until spring that will be top down weather around here.

She drove.

My nerves are shot.

;D

TK73

Mine looks like hell and all my engine $$ went into furniture, so it is slow as a Honda... BUT I LOVE DRIVING THE DAMN THING!!  Hasn't been a day in the last 6 years that I could not fire it up and get on the road  :2thumbs:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

bull

When did the yellow show up, TK? I didn't know you had started painting it.

TK73

I wet-sanded off most of the rattle-can black that was on the car, the dark tan is the original color... I took rustoleum tan and flat black to the bondo'd, rusty and bare metal areas to cover 'em for the winter... looks like Hell "in person"  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

rare69

I have been giving this question allot of thought over the last year or so, am i gonna want to drive this thing when its done or will i be to paranoid? i sure hope i like driving it more than i like looking at it. or at least as much. :yesnod: would hate to see that motor just sit there and look good,and not really enjoy it.

41husk

Mine is not perfect, but I don't drive it as much as I would like. Part of it is the AV tags that limit your driving.  Second is I don't drive it anytime I need to park somewere and leave it unattended.  People just don't care about others property.  I took it to the show one time parked way out in the back 40, sure enough we get out and there are two cars parked on either side and plenty of closer spots.  I do know how good it feels to get in and drive when I do, and I would hate to sell it and not be able to get that feeling even for a limitted time.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

greatwn73

It seems that since the end of August I've been full of excuses not to go for a drive, house chores, getting ready for winter,family, crappy weather,so last weekend was Canadian thanksgiving and the weather was unusally warm and sunny so I took my youngest son golfing and since my daily driver's trunk was full we took the Charger. Finished 18 before noon so went for a drive and had lunch. Put about 100 miles on before coming home mid-afternoon .

deputycrawford

41Husk, can you send me a copy of your law on the Historical Vehicle plates? In Ohio it does not limit you at all except you can't drive it to work everyday. It states that you can test drive it after mechanical repairs etc. You aren't supposed to take it to the store; but I stop by the store all the time on the way home from a show....hint hint.. I have even put miles on it just driving it to work. I have asked all of the Highway Patrol Troopers and other deps and officers. They agree, if a guy only puts a couple thousand miles a year on a car during the summer, and has too much effort into a restoration, hes not going to get stupid with it. They don't even stop an old car to find out what hes doing. They just enjoy the view of the car driving by. Just ask the next copper you see what he thinks, and what his interpretation of the law is. By the power vested in me, by the State of Ohio, I order you to drive that thing. ( Burnies are optional).  :police:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

triple_green

I had mine out yesterday to run the kids around. While I was waiting for my son at swim team, two HS boys came up and wanted to look the car over. They even wanted to see the engine (383HP). On the way out, I spun the tires a little for them. (I'm old, but not grown up). It was a good day!!

3X
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)