News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where To Get Title in NJ

Started by bordin34, October 05, 2006, 06:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordin34

I bought my 1974 Charger without a title, only a bill of sale. Does anyobdy know of a place in Northern NJ to get one?
Thanks,
Dan

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

Hemidoug

What state did it come from? Some states don't require a title, so a bill of sall is all you need.
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Old Moparz

Found this:

http://www.dmv.org/nj-new-jersey/bill-of-sale.php

When you sell a vehicle in New Jersey, you will need to comply with all the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) title transfer requirements in order for the transaction to be valid. A generic bill of sale form may be used for that purpose.

A bill of sale is usually used in cases where the Certificate of Ownership (the title) is unavailable when the sale takes place. This form may also serve as additional proof that a genuine transaction has occured. Both the buyer and the seller should complete the bill of sale as required.

Keep the following in mind:

If you are the new owner of a vehicle, whether it is new or previously owned, and you set out to register it, you will need to prove to the MVC that you bought it, and from whom.

In a case when no current title is available, or when you purchase the vehicle from someone other than the last registered owner, a bill of sale may serve as the proof that you purchased the car.

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bordin34

Thanks, I was searching on that site for awhile and couldn't find that. So all i need is my bil of sale? The car will get registered in NJ.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ