News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engineered Components, Inc disk brakes for Chryslers

Started by 4402tuff4u, October 04, 2006, 06:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4402tuff4u

I tried gathering info with the search tool to see if anyone has used the ECI disk conversion on a Charger. I'm looking at my options for future disk conversion on the 68 R/T, from searching for a Cordoba/Magnum set up or go brand new with these new systems available in the market. I want to keep the original power booster and master cylinder original. All my lines are SS and new on the Charger. Just wondering if someone has used these ECI assemblies and/or know something about them. I understand from the info on the web that the Magnum 500 wheels cannot be used with the ECI set up. Any other negative issue with them? The attractive thing is that they use GM parts that are more readily available at the local Napa type auto part store. Thanks gents and gals.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

nick_iam

man i dont know, i have a thing against using GM or other parts on our Mopars. its just wrong..  love your mopar for its moparness!!!
'72 charger | 318 | auto - work in progress

Charger_Fan

Quote from: nick_iam on October 05, 2006, 03:52:13 AM
man i dont know, i have a thing against using GM or other parts on our Mopars. its just wrong..  love your mopar for its moparness!!!
There's only one problem...have you seen the prices (& availability) for an original Mopar setup lately? The price alone, makes the GM swap mighty appealing. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

nick_iam

its like putting a supercharged vTEC motor in your charger because its readily avail. all the ricers are doing it. so go for it!

or a ford steering wheel in there. how odd would that be, driving around in your charger and this little blue ford emblem looking at you.

its just like those guys that restore those badass old ford pickups, the bubble style. the thing looks better then new, look at the all chrome engine and see its a friggin chevy 350. i mean come on, ford has its own engines. mopar has its own.. chevy eh u know.

just my opinion which matters to no one i know, but im waiting and searching all this time (3 1/2 yrs and going) for my charger to come together , but i wouldnt put one thing on my mopar that is a different car brand if you threatened me with a stick.

ive got a 77 ford pickup too, and its all ford. runs like a beast. but if its got a prob, by golly you'll never see a bowtie piece on it, ever.

to each his own, im not mean muggin ya or anything. money is very tight for me too so i do see where you are coming from, thats why it's taking me some time. but ill just sit in her and make hard cornering sounds until all the pieces fit together =)
'72 charger | 318 | auto - work in progress

Chryco Psycho

Scarebird has conversion packages as well  , for use with drum spindles

daytonalo

Orig parts are still out there , I grabbed a k frame , and entire front susp with steering box for 75.00 , incl disc brakes ! Look harder

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 05, 2006, 11:12:37 PM

Scarebird seems to have the best deal and still parts you can get over he counter at your local Napa auto store and stay with Mopar! - thanks again Neil!  :2thumbs:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

PocketThunder

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on October 06, 2006, 05:45:57 AM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on October 05, 2006, 11:12:37 PM

Scarebird seems to have the best deal and still parts you can get over he counter at your local Napa auto store and stay with Mopar! - thanks again Neil!  :2thumbs:

Wakko has a set of brackets from Scarebird that he got from me that he might not use.  Send him a PM.  The total list of parts needed to use these brackets came to about $500 from napa.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

d72hemi

Quote from: nick_iam on October 05, 2006, 03:52:13 AM

There is nothing wrong with useing non-mopar parts on a mopar. That is like saying don't use  after market parts on your car. I bet a lot of the frst gen and second gen guys would like front and rear swaybar on there car, but not such set existed, or even using Eddy heads or intake. I have no problem with using todays tech in our OLD cars, just as long as it keeps the "soul" of what it started life as. If you think about it, even if you swap to the Viper calabers and Magnum/300/Mag. sedan 14" rotors, you are technicly buying German car parts. I say if it will improve on the technology used on our 60/70's muscle cars without making them SCREEM chevy, pherd, or rice, it will most likely be a good thing.

Ian

Steve P.

I am planning a trip to the bone yard on Sunday. If I can find them, I am going to buy up all I can find. If I do get more than 1 set of everything needed, I'll be selling off what I don't use. I need a set up for my 65'.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida