News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ChgrSteve67 Charger Rebuild

Started by ChgrSteve67, August 24, 2005, 05:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twodko

FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

tatrick2me

You would be a lot happier with a comp mutha tumper cam than that old outdated mopar cam.
Bone 7

ChgrSteve67

That I have no doubt. 
Maybe someday if I have to rebuild the motor I will definately choose a new grind.

Or build myself a stroker motor and do a engine swap. (If the wife does not kill me first)

A383Wing

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on April 11, 2011, 09:30:09 PM
That I have no doubt. 
Maybe someday if I have to rebuild the motor I will definately choose a new grind.

Or build myself a stroker motor and do a engine swap. (If the wife does not kill me first)

my money is on the wife

36 Dodge Brothers

Car looks great Steve :2thumbs:, can't wait to see it in person again.
Regards,
Marco
68 Charger R/T
36 Dodge D2

ChgrSteve67

Done at last and ready to roll for the Summer.

Here are some pics of the finished product

And one of my Dash and restored steering wheel

Wife is hungry for dinner so I got to go.

-Steve

Brock Samson

and the scoop is where?..  :scratchchin:  :shruggy:

ChgrSteve67

This is my other hood. I'm making a 6K mile trip in June and I figure I will run into a storm here and there and I don't want water runing into my engine compartment. After my trip I will put the other hood back on. I miss my scoop already.

-Steve

FlatbackFanatic

I was just thinking that too. where's the scoop???   never mind, you just answered that question.... :icon_smile_big:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

greenpigs

Just posted in a different thread about the hood swap, don't take it the wrong way. :Twocents:
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

ChgrSteve67

No problems, it is what it is.

When my Charger was painted the painter did my Charger with one batch of paint and my hoods and the scoop with another batch of paint that are just enought off to notice. By the time I got my car all put back together and noticed it I was pretty much screwed. i would have had to take the car apart again to have it painted again. I'm not happy about it but there is nothing I can do at this point.  The paint is also really thin and chips pretty easy.  Depending on how the paint holds up durring my trip this summer and the amoutn of rock chips I get I may take the chrome off the car and have it painted again. I also like the other hood better but I have not figured out a way to plug the hole correctly to keep water from entering the engine compartment durring a good down pour.  I'm on a pretty tight time line this summer on my raod trip and would not have time to wait out a storm so changing hoods is my best option.

-Steve

ChgrSteve67

Weather is so nice the wife and I just had to get out of town and put a few miles on the Charger.  The Gold Country is a beautiful place to cruise and we even got to see some snow today. We were a bit disapointed to see the Calaveras Big Trees State Park roads were still closed so we were not able to drive around the park like we planned to.

Went back to the town of Murphys and walked around for a bit and even had some ice cream. I picked up a small dream catcher at a local store.

A funny monent was I was sitting across the street eating my ice cream and guy walked up to look at my Charger and he walked to the back and looked at the Mustang and made a "I've seen that before" gesture towards the Mustang and walked away.

Put 200 miles on the Charger today and it ran awesome without a single problem. Now I got to clean all of the bugs off the front.

I'm looking forward to the Bay Area run next weekend to the Cheese Factory.

-Steve

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............