News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just bought a Charger; In need of a Charger Emblem:

Started by Captain D, September 25, 2006, 11:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello all!

Yes! I "finally" bought a 1969 Dodge Charger 500 in good shape...hardly any rust, 383 rebuilt motor, floor pans intact, ect...I paid only $4,600. But anyway....

I'm putting together a list of odds/ends that the Charger needs. I have one emblem on one side of the car, but the other side needs one. I'm looking for a non-stick on emblem of the word "Charger" to fasten on the other side of the car (near the rear window). I see new ones for $45 on Ebay, but does anyone have an extra one/used that they would be willing to part with? I'm now a lil' poor, so any savings I can get would be great!

"Thank you" for your time!
Kindest Regards,
Aaron
dunnsville_va@yahoo.com

Charger1973

A 69 Charger 500 for under $5k?  Thats nuts... are you sure its a 500 model?  If it is you are one of the luckiest people I know.  As far as the emblem goes, post it in the wanted ads im sure someone has an extra one. 

miamivice

uhhh?????   a 69 Charger 500 with a 383???  are you sure of what you bought?   post pics...

and welcome to the site!!!!!!!!

41husk

Congrats and good luck with your resto, you might try posting in the parts wanted section.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Captain D

Yeah, I got "really" lucky!  :icon_smile_cool:

My friend has a 69' Charger as well. He restored his to a canary yellow w/ black trim. It is sweet and since he does restoration work in his shop at his home, I'm not paying for any restoration labor. It doesn't need a lot of major work (mostly the trunk pan) and as long as I supply the parts, I pay nothing for us working on it together so I lucked out in that department as well.

My friend (who owns a 69' Charger) and I went up together, looked at it, and since he is very knowledgable about Mopars, he took me aside and said "don't let this one get away, it's well worth it!" I'm kinda new at posting, so if I can post pics of it in time, I certainly will! Thank you for the info. I'll re-post my emblem question in the want-ads.
High Regards,
Aaron

41husk

Quote from: 41husk on September 26, 2006, 10:38:46 AM
Congrats and good luck with your resto, you might try posting in the parts wanted section.
I think what he is saying are you sure you bought a 69 charger 500?  They are very rare and have a window plug in the back and a flat grill, you might check the aero section as well.  I don't believe there were any 383 charger 500s.  But a 69 383 Charger at that price is still a very good buy a 500 in the shape you describe would cost in excess of 50k.  Again good luck and you will find much help and info on this site.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

I will check, I may have one at the mopad, let you know tommorow.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Captain D

Hello all,

Thank you for the replies. My friend confirmed it for me that it is a 69' Charger 500. However, it's not a matching # car. It has a good rebuilt 383 in it though. I dunno if that will diminish the overall value (probably will) of the car. But, I couldn't resist it when I saw it; especially seeing how good the condition it is in. The seller obviously had no idea what he had.

Hello 41husk: sounds great! Let me know what you find & I appreciate your checking for me!
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

Just 6T9 CHGR

Aaron, welcome to the site & please register your car in the registry

www.1969chargerregistry.com

PS---get your friend to register his as well....  :wave:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

41husk

I did not get to my building last night, I will get over there tommorow, congrats on your find, if that is indeed a real 500 you got a very very sweet deal.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Captain D

Yes, I'd love to register my Charger (and I'll ask to see if my friend has registered his yet or not, as well). I'm still in shock that I now actually "own" a Charger  ;)!

41husk: Thank you again for your time & help! No hurries if you can't find it right away. I don't get paid again til' next week (it's been a busy week, lol). But, if you happen to find one, please send me an Email anytime to: dunnsville_va@yahoo.com and I'd love to hear about it!
High Regards to all,
Aaron

DC_1

are you sure it is a 500???.....that seems awful cheap!......if it is.....i am jealous!

oh.....and welcome to the site!

does the grill look like this?

sorry to be so sceptical.....its just hard to believe such deals still exist out there.

41husk

I have checked and am afraid I sold the one I had at Monsre mopar.  I am pretty sure year one andHardens sells those pieces. try www.yearone.com  Best of luck and I can't wait for some pictures of that 500.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

terrible one

Captain D,

Sorry to say, but there wont' be many people here that believe you have a genuine '69 500 until you post some picture proof!  :yesnod:

Captain D

41husk: That's alright buddy, I just appreciate your checkin' for me.

I'd love to post pics. I've wanted to post pics of other things, but I've never been that puter' literate to do so. If I learn how, I will certainly will post!Thanks again for all of the responses n' help!
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

PocketThunder

Quote from: Captain D on September 28, 2006, 11:17:06 AM
41husk: That's alright buddy, I just appreciate your checkin' for me.

I'd love to post pics. I've wanted to post pics of other things, but I've never been that puter' literate to do so. If I learn how, I will certainly will post!Thanks again for all of the responses n' help!
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

Howdy Captain... what are the first two letters of the VIN # on your 69 Charger?  And does it have a fender tag?  It will be on the drivers side inner fender by the battery and it should have the code A11 on it.

And i might have an extra Charger logo for the sail panel, i'll dig around in my extra "stuff" boxes for you.

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Captain D

Hello Paul,

Thank you for checking to see if you have an extra "Charger" emblem. If you happen to come across one, please let me know at: dunnsville_va@yahoo.com

I can check that # for you as soon as I can. The car is actually not at my home, it's at my friend's house where it will be stored and restored. It's been a busy, but exciting, week.

Take care and I look forward to hearing from you.
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

8WHEELER

Welcome to the site, yes YO, and pretty much every other seller of reproduction parts has the charger emblems.

Does the back window in your charger look like this, and the trunk lid this small? is so you are one hell of a lucky guy.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Captain D

Those are some pretty sweet pics of a 69' Charger 500.

Even though my friend is very knowledable about cars & restoring cars (heck, he has a beautiful R/T 69' Charger that he restored), I believe he may be mistaken about my Charger. I'm kinda new in this hobby myself so I'm under his guidance.

Looking at those pictures of the Charger 500, my grill, rear window, and smaller trunk does not look like that. Again, I'm kinda new at this hobby and am just getting started. I have my Vin # and am about to register it. In the meantime, if anyone knows how to research it, and would like to, my vin # is: XP29H9B326958

Thanks again for your help and & I apologize if I got everyone excited about it being a Charger 500; that was honestly not my intention.
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

terrible one

VIN: XP29H9B326958

Make: X = Dodge Charger
Price Class: P = Premium
Body Type: 29 = 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Drive Train: H = 383 330 HP or 335 HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Model Year: 9 = 1969
Assembly Plant: B = Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Sequence Number: 326958 = 226957th Vehicle

Ghoste

It's a "regular" Charger (if there is such a thing) but you still got a great deal if the car is in any kind of shape.
Have you tried your Chrysler dealer on the "Charger" emblem?

terrible one

Quote from: Ghoste on September 30, 2006, 11:30:23 AM
It's a "regular" Charger (if there is such a thing) but you still got a great deal if the car is in any kind of shape.
Have you tried your Chrysler dealer on the "Charger" emblem?

I agree. $4,600 is a great deal for a '69 Charger with hardly any rust.

deputycrawford

We still want to see pictures. Don't let the 500 thing get you down even one bit. Its still a great car and a great price. I have almost the same car. I love mine and will probably never get rid of it. Have fun with the resto and GET THOSE PICS. We all want to know if there are still any deals  such as yours out there. :yesnod:
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Captain D

Thank you guys for the responses...and for "Terrible One" for checking the Vin# history for me!

I haven't checked my local Chrysler dealer yet for the Charger emblem, but that is a good suggestion. I may look into that. Even though it's not a Charger 500, it is in great shape. Only the trunk pan is in need of replacing. Other than that, only minor odds/ends. Thanks again for all of the replies and I'm hoping to post pics in the near future!
Kindest Regards,
Aaron

Ghoste

Yeah, you might want to check into that.  Up until a short time ago they were still available from the dealer but unfortunately I don't have a current part number for you.
Incidentally, if you get a Year One catalog, anything in there that has an "FD" prefix in their part number indicates they are getting it from the factory.  It DOESN"T mean that they are still available from the factory, only that they were at the time the book was printed.  It also doesn't mean that YO didn't order every one that was left in the country and they are in their warehouse.  It only costs a phone call or visit to your dealer though and it is sometimes surprising what is still available.