News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Possible ebay scam be aware!!

Started by 41husk, September 23, 2006, 02:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I got an email from ebay it looks real.  and I need my code to get in.  The email says I have had my acount temporarily susspended and there is a link I can go to for further info.  When I go there I enter my user name and password and it says I don't have my personal info on file and whants my credit card info  ss#  etc.  I am very leary of giving info on line and was a little surprised that I could go to any ebay link at work. They are all blocked at work.  So I go to the mopad get on line and go to ebay and I am able to get on ebay, go to my ebay, and bid on items and nothing tells me I am suspended.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

472 R/T SE

Phish-on!!  Get a net!  ;D

I'd be going to an "official" ebay page and changing your password ASAP.

dodge freak

You better change your E-Bay password now ! Sounds like somebody knows it, good thing you did not give your CC info.

bull

You should never go to Ebay through any email link. A friend of mine's wife had her Ebay ID stolen by doing that and she had to endure a lot of BS to get it straightened out. They told her the same thing and now I ALWAYS manually type in "ebay.com" on the address line when I go there.

nh_mopar_fan

This probably isn't new to anyone but if you run your cursor over the "link" provided in the mail and look atthe bottom of the screen, you'll see what the link takes you to and you'll see that it isn't Ebay.

Chargen69

Yep, they got your login and password.  The best thing to do is IGNORE any emails from EBAY or PAY-PAL with any junk in it about your account.

Brock Samson

yeah i've been getting those at my work account too,..
supposedly from e-bay, pay pal and my credit union,..
someone stole my e-bay account and changed my password so if ya' come across a "Stratocharger" there, It Ain't Me!
freakin PITA!

41husk

I went in and tried to change my password and contact ebay but now I can't even get on to bid and I am in the middle of a auction :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

dodge freak

The crook changed the password already so you could not. It be so nice if E-Bay had a 1-800 # or even a toll # that you could call them.

Brock Samson

yep that's what happened to me!
  sucks huh?..

Lowprofile

I have no use for ebay or any of the garbage that came with it.  :icon_smile_angry:  I know many of you guys use it, and it works well for you............But for me, no thanks. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

dodge freak

I was the same way till last year when somebody had a glove box door in fine shape for my St Regis car, mine was crack. Those cars are getting very hard to find parts for so against my "better judgement" I join and put my bid in, nobody else wanted it and I won. I kept thinking I was going to get rip off but it was just $25 so I waited and hope. 3 days latter it came, look great-then I got some Ozzy cd's for about $4-$5 each, was Happy again. This spring I sold a camshaft that was new but 20 years old for $85 , was hoping to get $40-$50. Yes I got a few things I was not too happy about but it was just $15-$20 dollars and the time I got a Beavis & Butthead complete series for $65 that was too have every music video in it and it was no better than a $25 one, my credit card company gave me all my money back and said I could keep it too !-Chase Bank-So E-Bay has been good to me, but yeah if Summitt racing has it, I buy it off them.

Manfred318

You should be able to forward that e-mail to e-bays spoof and fraudulant e-mail division for them to investigate, which is what I did anyways. Their is also another one going aroung supposedly from the FBI saying they have "logged your IP address on more than 30 illegal websites" and to click some link in the e-mail to resolve the problem, so if you recieve that one forward that to the FBIs spoof and fraudulant e-mail address as well.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Steve P.

My wife rarely ever goes on ebay. Lately she has been and Sunday morning she got nailed.. She opened an official looking emailthat said it was from PAYPAL. Opened the link provided and then said something to me about it. I deleted it in a hurry and hit BLOCK SENDER. Then I got in touch with PAYPAL through my ebay toolbar. They said it was a spoof and told me to change my password and Q&A's.  Also said to contact my bank...  That is my first call in the morning... 

Major pain in the ass............. :flame:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

nh_mopar_fan

I usually click on the link and give the user name: f*ckoff and password a$$hole.

:devil:

41husk

I did not give any CC info but I would like to win the auction I am in now.  It ends tonight at 6pm :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Chargen69

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on September 25, 2006, 07:17:10 AM
I usually click on the link and give the user name: f*ckoff and password a$$hole.

:devil:
:thumbs: :smilielol:

B5 Charger

Any spoof emails you get forward them to spoof@ebay.com .  For paypal it is spoof@paypal.com .  I use to get them all the time.  :rotz:

Steve P.

I have been sending them to SPOOF for months now. It never seems to end!! :flame:
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

41husk

I still have had no resalution from ebay, but I won my auction on the 440 air grabber air cleaner, or my friend did and i will be paying and recieving it ;D
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

greezygirl

SCAM!!!!!!
after i did that , it took 8 months to straighten out the identify theft that followed.

41husk

I hope I won't have many problems, I did not give any Credit card or bank Info.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BMOTOXSTAR

E -Bay sucks c---k! Can't get a part on there for a good price.
:rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

41husk

some times you just can't find the part cheeper, Tonys parts had the same air cleaner minus filter and hold down nut for $60 more.  If you don't like the price, don't bid.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 41husk on September 28, 2006, 07:23:50 AM
some times you just can't find the part cheeper, Tonys parts had the same air cleaner minus filter and hold down nut for $60 more.  If you don't like the price, don't bid.
True dat !
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT