News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Officially Driving My 68 R/T

Started by 4402tuff4u, September 19, 2006, 06:34:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

WOW Mike, the ride looks amazing!!  :o  I know you have been waiting for this day for quite some time now. There's no excuses for Carlisle now buddy.  ;D  Quality Inn in Carlisle...make your reservations today.  :thumbs:

Really great color. Get a correct battery and I will like it even more.  :icon_smile_wink:

blackcharger

Quote from: JW69 on September 19, 2006, 01:28:10 PM
4402tuff4u thats one nice looking 68, it really needs 15x8 magnums to finish it off.

:iagree: :iagree:

or a nice set of Cragar SS. Looks awsome, now drive the wheels off of it.

694spdRT

Beautiful car!  :drool5:

Congratulations!  :2thumbs:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Dave22443

Very nice job Mike!

When you decide to dump those wheels, can I have first dibs on them?  I'm building a car for my son and I think those would work really well on it for what I have in mind.  We're in no hurry, so take your time.  Oh, and feel free to burn the rubber off'em.  I only want the wheels   :icon_smile_big:

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis K

Looks great! Mine is going to be the same color, hopefully soon. I was just wondering to myself what it would look like if I were to put a white bumblebee stripe on it instead of the black that it's coded for, now I know. It looks really cool. Is yours coded for a white stripe? I'm also going to put Magnum 500 wheels on it, or torque thrust Ds, I haven't decided yet, but it definitely won't be body colored rims with dog dish hub caps, even though that's what it probably came with from the factory.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

8WHEELER

Great job on the resto  :yesnod:  that is beautiful for sure. I have to admit I would put a set of Magnums on it myself.

Oh and you need one of these for the new 440   :drive:  both tires  :icon_smile_big:  keep up the good work.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Red Ram

"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Dennis K on September 19, 2006, 11:16:28 PM
Looks great! Mine is going to be the same color, hopefully soon. I was just wondering to myself what it would look like if I were to put a white bumblebee stripe on it instead of the black that it's coded for, now I know. It looks really cool. Is yours coded for a white stripe? I'm also going to put Magnum 500 wheels on it, or torque thrust Ds, I haven't decided yet, but it definitely won't be body colored rims with dog dish hub caps, even though that's what it probably came with from the factory.

It's a stripe delete Charger R/T and that's why I went with the decals, so they can be more easily removed if need be. I went with the white stripes cause I think the black stripe get lost with the black vinyl top and that particular bronze color. My steele rims from factory were black with the dog dish hub caps. I had my body guy paint them bronze. I can always paint them black at home easier than the bronze color. I have them in storage in case I ever want to change the look.

I've always wondered why would someone order an R/T without the stripes (I can see the reason on a 69) and without a sure grip rear end!! I know it has to do with $$$, but man the extra $ 100 a month, I would think it would be worth it!! just my two cents.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Quote from: Chris G. on September 19, 2006, 05:32:39 PM
WOW Mike, the ride looks amazing!!  :o  I know you have been waiting for this day for quite some time now. There's no excuses for Carlisle now buddy.  ;D  Quality Inn in Carlisle...make your reservations today.  :thumbs:

Really great color. Get a correct battery and I will like it even more.  :icon_smile_wink:

I'm planing on going! I have some time to buy the rims, possibly different plug wires and the battery! :yesnod:

thanks guys for the compliments!

Shakey

Beautiful Mike - well done!   :yesnod:

These types of threads (finished car) are rare around here.  Pat yourself on the back.   :2thumbs:

autodynamics

my car has some paint on it ....... looking killa should have it back within a week or so

autodynamics

another one its hard to tell the color but if you look near the shock tower u can tell .... 4402tuff, if u wanna stop by let me know and we can take a look and you can tell me what u think.

4402tuff4u

Definetly Pete!! I want to see it how she's coming along. Maybe Friday or next time you are heading out there give me a call. That's a killer Charger in the making my friends!  :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Brock Samson

yeah know,..  those wheels n tires might be just what i need on the BSG,..
still got em?..

autodynamics

4402tuff4u

Quote from: autodynamics on October 11, 2006, 12:00:13 PM
what wheesl?

Strat is talking about my steelie's that I want to get rid of.

Brock Samson

lotta bucks from the right coast to the left though,..
hey Tootuff,.. move closer...   ;D