News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ford and GM to merge?..

Started by Brock Samson, September 18, 2006, 11:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Heard about that on the radio earlier!

Todd

dodge freak

Whats taking so long ? I always thought they could not, but maybe cause of their poor market share things change. Sounds good to me-Ford stuff -most of it stinks so it could be good for them. GM not so sure, but they could cut costs.

Just think , you might be able to get a corvette motor in a mustang one day.

Charger_Fan

That would be too wierd. I guess it's just another step toward there being only one worldwide automaker.
That sucks.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

daytonalo

Any manufacture who sells shit deserves to go under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REDNECK

sounds like  :icon_bs:

but gm makes a better product the ford.

moparjohn

In 1968 (or so) the once proud Pennsylvania Railroad and the New York Central merged to form PennCentral.  Where is this company now? I know the answer, just making a referance.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

BB1

CSX? out of hundreds of RR, there are only 4 left.
Delete my profile

moparjohn

Amtrek and Conrail.  And if you know your history it was the Automobile and the US Government that killed the railroads. Now almost 40 years later the foreign car and our government will make history repeat itself.
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

BB1

Conrail is owned by CSX and NS. Strategic merger happend in 96.
Amtrak is a quasi-governmental agency; all of its preferred stock is owned by the federal government.
Not a real railroad.

Ok there are 5 Class 1 RR.

BNSF
CSX
KCS
NS
UP
Delete my profile

NHCharger

What's that old saying, oh yeah. "Two wrong's don't make a right."
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

Quote from: REDNECK on September 18, 2006, 04:35:22 PM
sounds like :icon_bs:

according to who? Every manufacturer got their own ups/downs about their quality
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dodge freak on September 18, 2006, 12:09:37 PM

And paint it orange and put a 01 and a rebel flag on it and call it..... GENERAL FORD!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Todd

TylerCharger69

Well...then on another note....look what chocolate did to peanut butter....lmao :smilielol:

41husk

What line would GM keep besides the Mustang?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

which reminds me anyone wanna bet on how long Saab sticks around?..

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 18, 2006, 09:25:39 PM
Quote from: dodge freak on September 18, 2006, 12:09:37 PM

And paint it orange and put a 01 and a rebel flag on it and call it..... GENERAL FORD!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Todd

ROFL!! :smilielol:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

my69

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 18, 2006, 12:46:03 PM
That would be too wierd. I guess it's just another step toward there being only one worldwide automaker.
That sucks.
:ahum:

kab69440

Quote from: moparjohn on September 18, 2006, 06:07:40 PM
Amtrek and Conrail.  And if you know your history it was the Automobile and the US Government that killed the railroads. Now almost 40 years later the foreign car and our government will make history repeat itself.

The railroads are far from dead. If you don't believe me, try driving from the West side of Marion, Ohio to the East side. The train traffic is never ending. I believe every locomotive from China to Australia and even Antarctica must be routed through this town.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

TylerCharger69

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on September 20, 2006, 11:10:36 PM
Trains are still used a lot!!!

yep, I live next to the old Rock Island line (a la Johnny Cash), and the Soo Line and their parent company, Canadian Pacific's headquarters is right down the street.  I see a whole lot of coal hoppers...

I also invested in CSX just before the 2-for-1 split. ;D

twilt

Quote from: daytonalo on September 18, 2006, 01:17:07 PM
Any manufacture who sells shit deserves to go under!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Following this logic... is it fair to assume that you feel that Chrysler should have been left to die in the early 80`s?

Quote from: REDNECK on September 18, 2006, 04:35:22 PM

Really? I think they are both great. I consider them to be approximately equal in providing me job security. 

dodge freak

If Chrysler would have died in the 80S and gone out of business for good anybody could be making Chrysler stuff now. This is why old parts like bumpers, hoods and doors are hard to get. GM license many parts so company's can make them so long as GM gets a little $ for each part. But if Chrysler would have went under and nobody bought the rights to all their old stuff it would have been very good for us guys. Theres nothing that Chrysler makes now that I would want more than lots of body parts to fix the old Chrysler's up. GM and maybe Ford stuff is just as good as Chrysler now--oh well Chrysler never did go under and now all we can hope for is that the German's will be nice and let more old stuff be made so we can have perfect old cars like the GM guys can. So far they seem like they don't care.