News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

CHargers gone...Now see what I bought!

Started by cool440, September 14, 2006, 03:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cool440

Well, the chargers leaving to her new home this weekend and I will sorely miss her.
:'(
I have always had an affinity for Volkswagon bus's.  This one is in perfect shape for a '74 and very clean.  Rebuilt engine, auto tranny, and all the fixens.  This will be my family fun weekender at the beach and mountains. 

You must all think I lost my mind with this but in time I will get another 69 Charger and fix her up like the one I just enjoyed for 6 years.  This van will probably be with me indefinitely.  It can co-exist with my muscle cars. :eek:

But, I am pretty sure i don't fit in with the culture.  I gave up all of that in college.  I shaved my beard off in '84 and cut my hair about then too. O0 :cheers:

It's deffinitely not the Mopar crowd!  I have gone from 570hp to ????.  It's like the billboard says "0-60....Yes!"

Hope you like

Michael
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

greenpigs

It is neat and reminds me of one of my uncles who has had two of the buses and a few bugs but he never shaved his beard and his hair fell out.

Just start getting parts again for that Charger you will get someday.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

4402tuff4u

"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Arthu®

Those are actually really neat not my kind of car to drive as I actually like some handling. But the image is far out.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

4402tuff4u

I remember when I was about 6 years old being picked up to go to school in one of those baby's and sitting in the front seat and watching the bus driver shifting through all the gears like it was yesterday. I always found it facinating how the front seats were forward of the front wheels and the gas pedal being round. Cool buses!! :yesnod:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

cool440

Quote from: PocketThunder on September 14, 2006, 03:33:20 PM
Scooby Dooby Dooo!!   :icon_smile_big:

I normally never named my cars but....you named it, "The Mystery Machine"!

Scoooooby, doooby, dooo! :2thumbs: :boogie:

I feel like having a scooby snack.

Too cool!
69 Charger (R/T clone), 440 (60 over bore) edelbrock performer RPM top end, balanced, nothing second rate) over 500hp, new drive train, 727 rebuild manual shift reverse valve train, TTI headers and exhaust, painless wiring, autometer phantom gauges.  My true garage resto! Very Proud of her.

bull

WTF?? ??? Have you got some bell-bottoms and a hemp shirt to go with that? Not to mention a spare block if you ever get stuck in traffic on a 85-degree day. ;)

cool440

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2006, 05:02:43 PM
WTF?? ??? Have you got some bell-bottoms and a hemp shirt to go with that? Not to mention a spare block if you ever get stuck in traffic on a 85-degree day. ;)

I know, I know!  Perhaps its just a 70's flashback.  But you know thats why I owned a Charger to take me back to my youth.  Cars are my time machine.

No! I don't fit in this hippy culture.  Heck I am ultra conservative in my lifestyle, but still....

I knew you guys would get a kick out of this moment of madness.

derailed

Dont bogart that joint my friend, pass it over to me  :smoke:

Chryco Psycho

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DarkAngel0816

My exfiance and I use to have a VW like that...I loved driving it.  Easy to fix too.  :)
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

dodge freak

You would have saved more $ by buying nothing-I thought thats why you sold the Charger.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dodge freak

Lightning

when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

41husk

my friend had one of those in high school, we did some partying in that vehicle :devil:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

cool440

I love the mix bag of replies!

As for money I sold the Charger for $20,000 and bought this for $6000.  I wanted something with personality and fun but still a little cool.  This fits the bill.

The engine has 21k on it and it doesn't leak a drop of oil.  The interior is in great shape and it is rare to find one of these that has an automatic tranny.

I was shocked at how much these babies are selling for on EBAY from my price to over $30,000, Thats right $30,000 :o :o

So as for an investment it seems sound.  As for fixing it, piece of cake.  Heck you can buy an entirely new engine for the cost of my TTI exhaust on the Charger.

The new owner of the Charger is picking it up on Monday and my depression over its exodus is profound. :-[  Nonetheless this will be a good diversion until my next Charger.

Take care
Michael

Brock Samson

I know those Vdub minivans,.. slowest things on the road, better stay in the slow lane and everything passing you will rock your world...
You can mod the engine with hotter plugs and a couple simple tricks to boost your horse power to something north of 50...  :-\
maybe you could put a Porsche motor in there?..
If i was to go that route i'd get a dodge conversion van... to me those vans are a death trap.. unless your a surfer in Hawaii,. simply going from beach to beach,.. but to each his own..

dodge freak

"Its a death trap" --Thats a good point, people never think that the car or truck they are buying might be their last car or truck ever. People still die in the "safest" cars made but yeah some are more risker than others.

41husk

Thats true of every vehicle, you can drive the best safety rated car on earth and get killed by the drunk SOB in the mini van.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

DodgeChargerNeeded

Don't take this personally as I'm only kidding around but talk about going from First Class to Coach.
Jeff

cool440

You can see that you can do something with a volkswagen van:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=130025565498&ih=003&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Turbo and EFI, this baby must scream to 60 in 10 seconds!!!

Still pretty cool!

squeakfinder

This is probably the wrong message board for kudo's and thumbs up for that decision. Although when I was a kid growing up in Hawaii my sister had one of those in the mid 70's, I thought it was pretty neat back then.

But, when I was a truck driver going back and forth across the country it seemed like whenever I would see a micro bus it was on the side of the road engulfed in flames.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....