News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 vacc. tubes from heater/a/c box

Started by moparjohn, September 10, 2006, 06:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

OK just got my heater/A/C box back and boy it looks great.  My question is; I know the bound vacc. lines go to the controls in the dash. Then there are 2 tubes going into the engine compartment.  It hasn't been so long but I only remember 1 to the engine on the vacc. Trr on the intake. Help whrer does the other go??   By the way I thought I remembered only 1 and I thought it was quite small in dia..  The cat has 2 1 with a white stripe 1 only black. Thanks John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

resq302

John,

If I remember correctly, the one went for a vacuum source and the other went to the hot water (heater hose) shut off.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparjohn

I'm almost positve that 1 does not go to the heater control valve

y3chargerrt

Can you post a picture John? The heater control value on the 69's in mechnical with no vacuum likes going to it.

Just 6T9 CHGR

John,  mine only has one vac hose coming from the firewall to the vac tree
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

Chris, thats what I remember 1 line, can yoo see if it goes to the intake tee? does the gromet on the firewall have 1 or 2 holes? Also can you check undre the dasg to see if there is 2 lines that don't go to the control on the dash, maybe 1 goes somewhere else under the dash. THANKS GUYS!!

moparjohn

bump, sorry the car might be back on the road Wed. night (YEA!) so I need an answer quick!!

resq302

John,

Sorry about my answer.  I was guessing and basing a thought on a system like our el camino.  I guess it is comparing apples to oranges.  Sorr for the bad info and thanks to the guys that corrected me.  Can;t wait to see that thing at the next car show!  I bet it looks awesome.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparjohn

Brian, I don't think you are totally wrong. I think a 70 Charger would have a vac. tube to the heater control valve. The 69 does not.

Just 6T9 CHGR

John 1 line to the vac tee and the grommet has 1 hole
Not sure what you are referring to under the dash
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparjohn

y3chargerrt