News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW ? 1980 Dodge "Big Horn" 4X4 pickup?

Started by Daytona R/T SE, September 06, 2006, 11:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona R/T SE

A friend of mine has a 1980 Dodge "Big Horn" 4x4 pickup truck,  318 with a four speed. Are these anything special, or collectible ?

Todd Wilson

Never heard of a 1980 Big Horn Dodge pickup?!

Todd

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

bull

Dodge makes a Big Horn pickup now but I guess I'm with these other guys regarding an '80s version. :shruggy: They've recycled every other name in the book so why not that one too.

http://www.dodgeforum.com/m_244376/tm.htm

694spdRT

My dad always refers to our old '79 Ramcharger as having a "Big Horn" package but I could never find anything to confirm Dodge called it that and the window sticker is long gone. The decals are all factory on it.  :shruggy:

Here is an old post I asked about the same thing.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,6820.0.html
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

blackcharger

I bought a '79 Big Horn Power Wagon in '89. It was teel green(what haded faded off), 318 auto. It had red an yellow colored stripes down the length of the truck, with Big Horn on the doors.It had bucket seats and the buddy seat. Paid $1495.

chargerboy69

This is going back several years, but wasn't the truck they drove on the tv show Simon and Simon a Big Horn Power Wagon. It looked like this truck.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Todd Wilson

Quote from: chargerboy69 on September 09, 2006, 09:00:39 AM
This is going back several years, but wasn't the truck they drove on the tv show Simon and Simon a Big Horn Power Wagon. It looked like this truck.

No thats the "Macho" package.

Todd

chargerboy69

Quote from: Todd Wilson on September 09, 2006, 10:32:54 AM

No thats the "Macho" package.

Todd

AHHH. . Thanks. I did not know that.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Charger Aficionado

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

CaptMarvel

I always loved those graphic packages Mopar offered on their pickups back in the late 70's. The macho PW is one of the all time best looking 4WDs , no chrome on this beast, it looks best slightly muddy. The Macho was made between 78 and 81.  Simon and Simons PW was cool, it comes out on DVD next month finally. 1st season is by far the best.....Plymouth also made a "ramcharger" called Trailduster and one version was called Top Hand with a typical Mopar graphics package. I used to see one around town but thats been years ago. I think the Big Horn was also one of these graphics options, along with the Lil' Red Express Truck