News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The designer of the Charger Carl Cam Cameron passed away. .Updated.

Started by chargerboy69, September 05, 2006, 07:33:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

I just got the phone call minutes ago. Carl Cameron the designer of our Chargers and the 1970 Challenger passed away today. I have met him many, many times. He was the nicest man. Cameron Moore was able to get him to attend many of the Dodge Charger Registry Shows throught the country. The picture has Cameron Moore standing with the purple hat on and Carl Cameron sitting down in the back. They were best friends. This was taken at the Mopars at Auburn Indiana show a couple months ago.

Update. . . . .As some of you might know Carl had heart problems for many years. It seems that Friday he was found by Suzanne laying in his yard at his home in Oregon. It sounds like they are thinking a heart attack. He was put on life support over the weekend. He passed away last night. If anyone wants to send a card to Suzanne and his family, PM me and I will give you his home address. I spoke with his friend Cameron Moore this morning ,and they asked that I not put the address on the website. I was told you can also send a letter to Carl Cameron care of the Chrysler Museum and they will forward it to his family. That is all we know at this time. Thank you.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

rt green

third string oil changer

Pistolpete

Rest in peace brother, your legacy will live on..........
'68 440 4 spd - Pro Tour
'69 R/T 440 4 spd

I love being me......ask anybody!

Sinister68

So long, Carl...  :-[

Here's a pic I took at the 2004 TDC meet at Boerne, TX.  That's Carl standing next to Wayne Wooten of TDC.
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Silver R/T

that sucks, he didnt get to autograph my Charger. RIP Carl
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

daytonalo

It's as-same he didn't get to see the second coming of the challenger hit the street !!!!!! Rest in peace my friend .

chargermick

I met him this summer at the TDC meet. He was a true gentleman. I looked forward to seeing him again. Rest in peace.

Blue Pentastar

Carl Cameron was a true one of a kind gentlemen. I was honored to have met him and his wonderful wife Suzanne on several occasions at several meets. Here is a couple of pictures of Carl at the Meet in Ardmore Ok. in 2003. He is one in the middle of Wayne and Wes.The other picture is of Carl and his wife with Jerry Moore.

Our Mopar brethen has lost a giant tonight. Is there any information on how or the arrangements.

Mike
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Ghoste

Very sad.  He gave great talks about his time with Chrysler and yet always humble about his contributions to automotive history.
My prayers for his family and friends.

Paladin

I am very sorry to hear this.  I met him and he was a very nice gentleman.  He took time to spend with my two sons and encouraged my younger one in his automotive drawings and sketches.  They both really thought a lot of him and talked about him a lot.  I guess I will have to break the news to them tomorrow morning.  I just hope that as they get older, they put as much effort into their younger generation as so many of this older generation has put into them.  Thank you Mr. Cameron, for that time spent with them.  And to some of you others out there reading this, a grateful thanks to you, also.

May God bless Carl Cameron and his family,

Paladin
1966 Ford Thunderbird Town Landau
1971 Dodge Charger R/T
1977 Chrysler Cordoba A35
1979 Dodge Lil' Red Express
1985 Chevrolet Corvette
1985 Dodge Ramcharger
1986 Chevrolet Corvette Roadster
1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
1998 Dodge Sport 2500 V10   
2001 Dodge Durango SLT

Alaskan_TA

That is a shame, I never met him, but I did talk with him on the phone last month. Very nice gentlelman with a lot of great history.

My sincerest condolences to friends and family.

Carl, you will be missed.  :angel:

T/Ake care,
Barry

Chryco Psycho

What a shame
I met him at Ardmore in 03 as well it was great to hear his storys & talk to him in person
Huge Loss 

topduarte

Met him in Boerne in 2004. 

Great guy and even got his autograph on one of his original charger concept drawings and a pic with him!!

He will be missed!!! :'(

hemi68charger

Oh My !!!!     :'(       What a class-act...... I've met and talked with him many times at the various Meets.... Rest In Peace Carl..... My heart and prayers to his lovely wife...

Two great people in almost as many days.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ITSA426

My son got to give him a ride in the new Charger at the Jefferson City TDC meet.  Carl told him what he would have done a little differently and all.  It was a good experience for him.  I've met him a few times over the past few years at various Charger meets.  Too bad.

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Blue Pentastar

69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

That's too bad. I always had dreams of getting my '68 finished in time to drive it out to McMinville where he lived (I think it was McMinville) and shoot the breeze with him about the car. He only lived about 40 miles from me.

chargerboy69

Quote from: bull on September 06, 2006, 02:57:28 PM
That's too bad. I always had dreams of getting my '68 finished in time to drive it out to McMinville where he lived (I think it was McMinville) and shoot the breeze with him about the car. He only lived about 40 miles from me.

Yea, that is where he lived.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

Not wanting to be morbid, but had he been ill for awhile?  He had been invited to the Charger 40th Birthday show at CEMA in June but didn't attend.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Ghoste on September 06, 2006, 05:19:07 PM
Not wanting to be morbid, but had he been ill for awhile?  He had been invited to the Charger 40th Birthday show at CEMA in June but didn't attend.

Well he had heart problems for many years. In June is when he had his heart appointments in Detriot. I believe the show you are talking about fell on the same weekend as the Mopars at Auburn Show, or close to the date, and Carl chose to go to his friend Cameron Moores show instead.

--Gerald Ford

Ghoste

I think the CEMA show was the weekend before Auburn but no matter, he leaves big shoes to fill in the world of auto styling.

moparjohn

I had the pleasure of meeting, talking, eating, and so on with Carl this past July at the TDC. It wasn't the first time we meet but it felt like we were long time friends. He was that nice and easy to talk to.  I know it has been said over and over BUT let me repeat "he will be missed". My friend Tony drove his 66  to the TDC meet and got his autograph and Carl even drove his car for a commercial/news interview. It's hard to belive he's gone. RIP Carl, you leave the world with a leagacy we will never forget. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!