News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

where to get dash speaker,or have mine redone

Started by 69 OUR/TEA, September 05, 2006, 12:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69 OUR/TEA

Can anyone direct me to a place to either buy a new front dash speaker or send mine out to get restored,for 69 charger?

Chatt69chgr

Electra-Tech, 8836 Xylite St. NE, Blaine, MN 55449.  Was 36.95 plus 7.50 S&H.  His web address is www.turnswitch.com.
He has the correct 4X10 speaker.  And most importantly, it's 8 ohm.  Radio Shack will tell you that their speaker will work for anything between 4-8 ohm.  But they, like most modern speakers, are 4 ohm.  That means the output transistor on your radio will draw twice as much current and last a lot shorter time-----heat is the enemy of solid state equipment.  No idea where to get yours reconed.  I would save the old one just in case you ever did decide to do this.  I think the reconing places charge 75-100.  Not really sure on that though.

Nacho-RT74

turnswitch... great guys... I got great help from Greg from there
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Spartan

I had a place in Jackson, MI redo mine (Jackson Speaker service I think)  It ran about $45  and came back looking good and worked great.  There is a place that sells a new replacement for it but I cannot remember the name.
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

69chargerrt

I had mine reconed locally-  get out the yellow pages and look for shops that do speaker repair work on amps- particularly guitar/concert amps.   The place I went to did that sort of work but turned out that they did car speakers, too and actually had some 4x10 cones.  Cost me ~$30 to have mine reconed....

'69 Dodge Charger R/T