News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So, what is in your trunk? (i.e., what extra "stuff" are ya carrying around?)

Started by Dans 68, August 22, 2005, 11:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

I was going through my trunk contents, looking for a muffler support bolt (didn't find it), and was suddenly bemused by the collection of cleaners, parts, and tools calling my trunk home. I attached a picture for your edification (look it up)  :P.  So, go out, snap a picture and post it. No cleaning or straightening up, though.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Brock Samson

i can tell ya right now,..
    in my Charger there's a ten speed bike...   :icon_smile_big: that's it...
    in my Three Hundred Em there's a basket ball, a frizbee, a bottle of windex and a rol of paper towels.. :icon_smile_approve:
    (down below in the spare tire well there's a set of jumper cables and several bungies.)

69bananabeast

My Tool box,  windsheild sun blocker thingy, spare, amp , bag of like 20 lug nuts, and a dual 15'' box  :icon_smile_big:

1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Rocky

In my trunk is a spare water pump, ignition including wires, ballast resistors a couple ECU's and voltage regulators.  assorted filters a thermostat and lengths of hose.  clamps, a multimeter, and just about anything you could need for a mopar short of internals, even then, I keep a few extra rocker arms too.  I will not be caught with my pants down.

Ghoste

At the moment, nothing but a trunk mat but one of the great things about 1st gens is the enormous amount of cargo space.  When the car is loaded for a long haul like the Nats, I carry a tub of cleaning supplies and fluids, a pair of toolboxes, a jack and two stands, a bbq, a gas can, and any spare parts I can cram in there.

41husk

2 folding chairs, 1 tool box, a easy up shade tent, a detailing container with rags wax etc. 2 framed 68 Charger posters I bought from 6pkrunner. and my California duster.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

andy74

i carry an emergency bag,road flares,fix a flat,jumper cables,a small tool kit,an extra ecu,ballast resistor,and a shammy,paper towels-andy

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

69hemi

http://www.69hemi.com
1969 Hemi R/T Charger
1969 440 GTX
1965 Hemi A/FX Plymouth
1964 Hemi Superstock Dodge
02 Ram
95 Ram

dodgecharger-fan

Absolutely nothing.  :icon_smile_big:

I took this pic from outside the trunk with the lens of the camera stuck in the opening for the side marker.

jgbailey57

4 tail lights, extra a/c heater box and controls, extra headrest, battery tray, roll of side moulding, extra trim for vinyl top, pretty much every thing shown on the floor plus a few extra things.
'69 Charger R/T patiently waiting in line to be restored... NOT WAITING ANYMORE!!!

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: 69hemi on August 23, 2005, 08:23:31 AM
My wife says about 20 extra pounds.
:haha:

I'm carrying a tool box, some folding chairs, a fire extinguisher, a spare tire, a jack, a mini electric air compressor, a box of cleaning supplies, and one big ass cooler from the weekend that I still haven't taken out. I definitley have some junk in my trunk :icon_smile_big: !

blackcharger

just the gas tank untill I get the new trunk floor in....at least I can move it around till then

69pistolgripRT

My wife makes fun of me because I won't put anything in the trunk...."that's what it is for, stupid"....heard often around my house     ;)
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

andy74

you would be amused to see some of the crap i find in trunks of trade ins at the store,all kinds of good stuff,and some not so good too! never found any grammas though

Silver R/T

nothing in mine, but ive got cleaners/carb cleaner, funnel, carb parts/etc in my interior
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lowprofile

"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ghoste

I was going to ask what was the strangest thing you ever found in a trunk but Old Moparz Grandma post would be pretty hard to top.

ChgrSteve67

Lots and Lots of parts that I will install some day.

Oh BTW that day begins Saturday!!!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Ghoste on August 23, 2005, 05:54:59 PM
Iwas going to ask what was the strangest thing you ever found in a trunk but Old Moparz Grandma post would be pretty hard to top.
Damn, that's for sure! :smilielol:

Ok Moparz, exactly how long have you been holding onto that pic...just waiting for someone to start this thread? :lol:

Oh, I almost forgot to add mine. Last month when I pulled my Charger out of the garage for the first time in 2 years, I found where I put my fold-up motorcycle ramp for safe keeping! I had been asking everyone in the house if they had loaned it to someone & was getting to the point that I had just about written it off.
So I popped the trunk lid & it was Christmas all over again! :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 23, 2005, 06:20:29 PM

Ok Moparz, exactly how long have you been holding onto that pic...just waiting for someone to start this thread? :lol:

I wasn't holding onto it, I read the post at work & when I went home for lunch I snapped the pic to post it.  :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

FastbackJon

I don't store anything except a spare tire in the Charger's trunks, and they are well hidden under the carpeting in the '66 and the '67. In the '68 there's just a small tool box in the trunk.

I should have taken a picture of the inside of my mauve '66 318 Charger's trunk when I got it. Man it was loaded to the brim with EVERYTHING! Basketball, tools, junk, junk, more junk, right down to a bag of old square nails at the bottom.

In the '67 Charger, and in my mauve '66 Charger when I've gone up to my lake cabin with them, I can fit a lawnmower, 5 gallon gas jug, ice chest, water cooler, spare tire, and a few grocery bags full of clothes, tools, and misc supplies all in the trunk, without lowering the trunk divider.

Here's a shot I just took of my red '66 Charger's trunk, the way I like it, nice and clean.

"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Your pic reminds me of something else Jon.  For those who like big sound in your Charger, the fastbacks with the big trunk and the divider panel have a great area there for sound reproduction.  The divider can work similar to a baffle board in an amplifier.