News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Friends law firm now specializes in collector car fraud

Started by resq302, September 01, 2006, 07:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Hey everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know that my friend just joined a law frim that has started up a colloctor car fraud section of their law firm. Now we as collectors have some representation should we find out that the A12 car we got isn't a true A12 or were told that our Charger had the VIN swapped out at one point. He is a really good guy and if anyone has had this event happen to them, they know what kind of grief it is to go through to recoop your money or expenses. Finally, someone in a law firm who is into collector cars as come up with a great idea to protect us!

Feel free to check them out and feel free to contact me if you have any questions as he is a stand up guy as far as I am concerned.

www.dcdlaw.net/carfraud.htm
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Vainglory, Esq.

Cool stuff - I wonder if there's a market for it?

When I was clerking for the Fairfield court, I saw some litigation regarding some fly-by-night bodymen who took the money and ran.  It's really very sad.

resq302

Vainglory,

My friend has been swamped with emails and phone calls so I guess there is a market for it as his law firm seems to be the only one addressing the issue currently.  Lets face it, there are probably more SS Chevelles out there now than what was originally made!  The upside is that Mopar vehicles can mostly be decoded through the VIN unlike the GM vehicles from 68-72 where nothing in the VIN told you if it was an SS vehicle or not.  Same thing goes for the GTX and Satelite.

At least someone sees the writing on the wall and is making an attempt to keep the hobby honest and legit. 

Brian
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto