News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

motor mount

Started by deathcharger71, August 31, 2006, 03:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathcharger71

i just figured out that its not the trany mount or the actuall motor mount. where the mount attaches to the car it is lifting off a little bit, rnough to make the engine shake around. is the bottom bolt not tight enough?

Steve P.

Are you saying the motor mount on the K-member side is cracked or rotted???   Rotted maybe. Cracked would be highly unlikely unless it's been in one hell of a crash...  I would take a closer look at the motor mount itself.. The mount is the wear part..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

deputycrawford

I ran the lifetime garaunteed rubber mounts that had the allen bolts drilled through them for super strength. I ripped the bolts right through the bottom plate while " dead hooking" at the track. I had no tire spin so something broke. My point is I could not tell exactly what broke until I took it apart. Take the mount system off the car and inspect it. You might answer your own question. Oh, it must be the drivers side mount. Thats the torque side. The passenger is the compression side of the engine. I bought a set of Moroso solid mounts. It really not that bad. I kinda like the shake thing at a light. It makes for great conversations.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

Chryco Psycho

the left engine mount will often fail & tear apart, it probably needs repalcing   

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

deathcharger71

i just recently replaced both mounts and they both work fine. im saying theres no movement in the mount or where the mount is attached to the engine, but where it attaches to the k member when i gas it i can see the mount lifting off the k member just a little bit. maybe the bolts just not tight enough? i remember it was a bitch tightening it and i didnt feel like i could get it tight enough.

Steve P.

I think you need to get yourself out there and find and fix the problem.. There just IS NOT much chance that any of us are going to be able to fix the problem without a very good description from you...   If it's lose, tighten it up!! you would not drive you car with a lose wheel would you?? ?? :o
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida