News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

accepting the truth

Started by mustanghater, July 21, 2005, 04:19:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mustanghater

I'm starting to like all chargers now and considering a first gen. have I lost my mind :-[
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

MichaelRW

It's part of the disease. Charger Fever spreads. ;D
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger_Fan

Yep, don't try to fight it...there is no known cure.

If you try to resist, it will only hurt your wallet. :devil:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

if you really try to resist, you will end up like silver r/t and revere ricers so much you use saki as a power adder.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mustanghater

I don't have a pocket book I just talk my dad into it :icon_smile_big:
New Muscle car forum

FastbackJon

You are starting to like first gens? Oh man, its all downhill from there...

:icon_smile_big:
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

I have always liked first generation cars.  There's nothing wrong with you.

kab69440

First gens ROCK! They have the coolest interors ever installed in a production automobile.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Dale The Bold

As a second gen owner who hopes to one day own another second gen (I have a '69 and dream of also owning a '68), all I can say is how can you NOT like the first gens?  They're awesome cars.  The only reason I'm not seeking one out is that I have other Chargers and other mopars on my dream list, and I'm not made of money.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on July 21, 2005, 04:33:54 PM

Yes there is a cure. All you need is the '06 vaccine and the disease will not spread beyond 1974.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: bull on July 21, 2005, 09:13:43 PM

Yes there is a cure. All you need is the '06 vaccine and the disease will not spread beyond 1974.
Geez, I plumb forgot about the Brick. ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

if i had one it would have to be blue with black hood/scoop
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Headrope

Stay away from the first gens - far, far away. It's difficult enough for me to find parts.
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

Ghoste

I was only buying mine because it was going to be a cheap daily driver while I searched for another 69.   Seven years later it now qualifies as the longest I've ever kept a car.   First gens are very addictive.

73dodge

FOOL

Flee find another car to like, Mustang, Camaro or Chevelle.

There are plenty of those parts to go around. Another Charger owner in this hobby just makes the available parts left fewer and more expensive. And the only known cure for this disease is throwing large amounts of cash at a piece of steel.

Pick a nice generic rice burner and add large amounts of plastic and decals and you will cure your sickeness for this hobby.........
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

dodgecharger-fan

If you try to resist, it will only hurt your wallet. :devil:

I have it so bad, I'd even put a Shelby Charger and an 06 brick in my driveway....

AFTER I round out the collection with the first, second, and third gens as well as a replica of the Charger II.
*wakes up* Dang! It was just a dream. Again!

mustanghater

Quote from: 73dodge on July 22, 2005, 09:17:16 AM
FOOL

Flee find another car to like, Mustang, Camaro or Chevelle.

There are plenty of those parts to go around. Another Charger owner in this hobby just makes the available parts left fewer and more expensive. And the only known cure for this disease is throwing large amounts of cash at a piece of steel.

Pick a nice generic rice burner and add large amounts of plastic and decals and you will cure your sickeness for this hobby.........

are you crazy, mopar or no car!
New Muscle car forum

behrooz_roadrunner

No,
all chargers aren't beauty.
I hate 66 charger.
that was my mind :slap:
Excuse me, my english language isn't good

G-man

As someone said, 66-67 chargers had the cool interior.... but GUESS WHAT? You can put 4 bucket seats and get the gauges made up for a 2nd gen charger to. THEN You would have something interesting (might do that to mine....)

I personally dont like 66-67 chargers... a fast back charger... i dunno what Chrysler was thinking, it aint a mustang!

But for the rarity and "interesting look" as it looks very unique...

Go for it.  :2thumbs:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: G-man on June 25, 2008, 06:32:41 AM
You can put 4 bucket seats and get the gauges made up for a 2nd gen charger to. THEN You would have something interesting (might do that to mine....)

we need to ask to KEN, already did it ( not the cluster just the buckets/console setup ).... ehm, BTW... isn't he another missed member ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

behrooz_roadrunner

The 66-67 charger just made for old men/women, no young men/women.

kab69440

Quote from: G-man on June 25, 2008, 06:32:41 AM
As someone said, 66-67 chargers had the cool interior.... but GUESS WHAT? You can put 4 bucket seats and get the gauges made up for a 2nd gen charger to. THEN You would have something interesting (might do that to mine....)

As a guy who has "been there, done that", I don't recommend it. Dropping all that cool '66 stuff into a second gen is not as easy as one might imagine. And I haven't even started on the dashboard yet...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

moparstuart

1st gens  are growin on me  , I love this one
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

behrooz_roadrunner

The second pic means       HEY BEHROOZ! SHUT UP AND DRIVE BEE!!!
I like that orange superbee on pic num2