News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

why dose every one want a 2 gen charger.......

Started by REDNECK, August 29, 2006, 04:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

They not only look fantastic with their classic proportions and compound curves (examine a 2nd Gen. door sometime) but they are also extreamly stout vehicles, the basic was structure proven in Racing Law Enforcement and as Taxis, as 500s, Daytonas and Coronets
and to top it off the '68-'70 Charger body is "Perfect"! SEX ON WHEELS AWSOME.. IMO..
I feel my third Gen. rides a bit better being a 340 CI, it's lighter being shorter and abit wider but it isn't as stout around the the doors or as detailed, having alot less stampings and related parts. Another thing is I'm personally a big fan of wing windows. It seems to me the third gens were simpler cars to assemble with more options to add,.. and, by '72 the heyday of the muscle car was over...
 ..How can you top perfection?..  and what is progress?..

JimShine

I feel embrassed to say this, but frequently, atleast once a week, I will just sit on my steps and look at that car for sometimes an hour. Looking at the body lines, the dimensions each curve creates, but still has a simplicity. It is not just a cool car, it is a beautiful sculpture as well (hell, they even look great in primer). Just looking at it you have a sense of going fast and it conveys a feeling of excitement.

69charger2002

jim, don't be embarrassed. i will admit i do it too. i stare at mine 2-3 times a week. just look over the tops of the quarters.. at the tail panel area, or just the lines down the side.. especially at the doors.. i have a best friend that is a 3rd gen NUT, 71 this 72 that.. he wouldn't trade his 71 R/T for 10 69 chargers. his main reasoning of loving the 3rd gen so much is simple. 1. it's the first car he owned  2. the 71-72's were offered with more options than any 68-70 was, especially in the hood department(i joke with him and tell him the reason 68-70's didn't have hood options is they didn't need them, they got it "perfect" the first time. and on his 71-72's they had to do something to make the car look better heheh).... BUT over the last 2 years he has seen the passion i have for 68-70 chargers, and now he will admit they probably DO look the best, though he still prefers his 3rd gen. i LOVE driving my 74 cuda, maybe even more than my chargers at times, it just seems more "sporty". however, there is no cuda or camaro or other muscle car that i would rather take to a car show. or sit beside and stare at, than my 68-70 chargers. they are VERY simply the best looking muscle car ever designed and produced. hands down
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

4402tuff4u

Quote from: JimShine on August 30, 2006, 12:01:53 PM
I feel embrassed to say this, but frequently, atleast once a week, I will just sit on my steps and look at that car for sometimes an hour. Looking at the body lines, the dimensions each curve creates, but still has a simplicity. It is not just a cool car, it is a beautiful sculpture as well (hell, they even look great in primer). Just looking at it you have a sense of going fast and it conveys a feeling of excitement.

........................uhh.....tell me you dont get a woody doing this?  :rotz: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

RT DAVE

I like 71's but my main complaint about them is the hood's too long and the back window is just wrong.   Whenever I tell my car guy buddies that I like 71's they give me this look like I just told them that I like to eat dog-poop (I don't BTW). 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

70charginglizard

So Im not the only one who does that.

Cool. Thought I was going crazy or something....lol
70charginglizard

tan top

Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 30, 2006, 02:16:19 PM

:iagree: i  do the same also ,    as much as i think  all muscle era mopars are awesome , & the same as i like 1st & 3rd generation chargers , there is some thing about second generation charger , its shape is like no other , the body lines , the curves of the body panels , its just awesome ,  and when you sit in it & crank the motor , look out  across the hood .....   perfection . nothing will ever be built like it again 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Charger_Fan

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 30, 2006, 12:49:25 PM
I like 71's but my main complaint about them is the hood's too long and the back window is just wrong.    
I agree & I think that's why I like the 71/72 Satellite/RR's much better. Those proportions of the car are more subtle. The only problem is that when they have skinny tires on them, they look like a fat man on a pogo stick. :D
They look tons better with some meat under them. :yesnod:

Quote from: tan top on August 30, 2006, 03:10:11 PM

:iagree: i  do the same also ,    as much as i think  all muscle era mopars are awesome , & the same as i like 1st & 3rd generation chargers , there is some thing about second generation charger , its shape is like no other , the body lines , the curves of the body panels , its just awesome ,  and when you sit in it & crank the motor , look out  across the hood .....   perfection . nothing will ever be built like it again 
Alas, so do I. ::)  But only maybe once a month or so. :icon_smile_big:

This is one of my favorite views...

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

resq302

I must admit that I love my car for the overall look, performance, and curves of the car.  

My father and I were at an ACES (American Chevcelle Enthusiast Society) show in North East, MD this year and the president of ACES is Chuck Hanson.  Some of you might recognize the name from the TV show called Horsepower TV.  Anyway, while Chuck was doing a photo shoot with our El camino, we got to talking about Mopars as I had my Mopar Hawaian shirt on at a Chevy show.  ( I know, I know... gotta stick with what ya love).  Chuck inquired as to why on earth I would wear a Mopar shirt to a Chevy show.  I replied because I owned a 69 Charger and my dad was the one that owned the El Camino.  After talking for a while we got to discusing our favorite cars and turns out that Chuck loves the 2nd gen Chargers.  Basically we agreed that the body lines resembled a woman with the coke bottle curves it has.  And if you ever watched the Horsepower TV show, you would know that Chuck LOVES his Chevelles and for a Chevelle guy to say he loves our Chargers, that must mean something!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TylerCharger69

The question...why does everyone want a second generation Charger???    Does this question really need a response?????

REDNECK

no of corse not thats why i started the topic.  :icon_smile_big:

TylerCharger69

Ahh....okay....i see the method to your madness...lol :icon_smile_big:

69chargerboy

Quote from: tan top on August 30, 2006, 03:10:11 PM

:iagree:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Troy

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 30, 2006, 12:30:27 PM
jim, don't be embarrassed. i will admit i do it too. i stare at mine 2-3 times a week. just look over the tops of the quarters.. at the tail panel area, or just the lines down the side.. especially at the doors.
trav

I never do that... :P

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

even as a work in progress these cars are beautiful!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

ralley72

I have owned 3 1969 chargers over the years, wish I still had them to sell now. I would make some money. Anyway, I perfer the 3rd gen. chargers over the 69's. The body lines are great, more comfortable seats, love the power bulge hood, and the turn signal indicators on the finder.From the front bumper to the rear bumper the lines just flow together very well. my choice is the 72 rallye cars. 2nd gen. are great, but I I choice a 3rd gen. over 2nd gen. any day.

Not all of rednecks questions are dumb.
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

TylerCharger69

I think...honestly...all Chargers up until ...74?......Are unique in their own way.  But the 68  through 70...just does it for me.....They are ALL  sweet cars though

terrible one

Quote from: Troy on August 30, 2006, 07:02:20 PM

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 30, 2006, 12:30:27 PM
jim, don't be embarrassed. i will admit i do it too. i stare at mine 2-3 times a week. just look over the tops of the quarters.. at the tail panel area, or just the lines down the side.. especially at the doors.
trav

Ahh I stare at mine ALL the time! The lines are so beautiful. Nothing even comes close.

DarkAngel0816

You are not alone.  I talk to mine even.  lol  I tell it all the time that someday when I have it paid off that I will fix him right up to where he should be.  That I am sorry noone in the past took good care of him, but at least now he has a nice spot in the garage and lol.  yeah.  My friends think I am insane...and maybe I am.

But honestly...I will sit in it at times or just open the garage to look at it more.  Or drive him out of the garage to wash it and wax it just to put it back in for I cannot really drive it too far right now  unitl I get a few things done.
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

TylerCharger69

I drive the Hell out of mine everyday....To work...to the studio.....everywhere.   People say I'm insane for driving it so much, and that I should keep it garaged...but.....what's the point in that?   I can't see owning a muscle car  and not driving it

DarkAngel0816

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 30, 2006, 08:56:13 PM
I drive the Hell out of mine everyday....To work...to the studio.....everywhere.   People say I'm insane for driving it so much, and that I should keep it garaged...but.....what's the point in that?   I can't see owning a muscle car  and not driving it

Well until I get all the gauges and so forth working than I will be doing the same.  Until than mine stays parked.  :(
I love my 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Clone

TylerCharger69

is it that pesky volatage limiter giving you grief???

genlee1970

Ok folks, I've said it before and I'll say it again...the second gen chargers are like Shania Twain...they look good from any angle!!! I too, often hang out in the garage with a beer.....or six, circling the car and admiring its lines. Hands down the most sexy car produced before or since, bar none!!! As for the 3rd gens having more comfortable seats....ever sit in a 70? Hands down the most confortable muscle era Mopar seat produced. Shame it's a one year only design. As far as the Dukes making the car popular, just look at the prouction numbers...and you 3rd gen guys, chill out. There were no 2 door Coronets those years so your production numbers are skewed. And, as mentioned, any body style that can transcend manufacturer loyallty like the Charger, or to a lesser extent the Cobra (who doesn't like those), deseves the respect and place of honor that the 2nd gen now, and forever will hold. Amen!!
    PS: I've often cited the resemblence of the second gens to that of a woman. Trust me guys, that's not helping your case with the wife/girlfriend if she's not the car freindly type. Better off comparing it to a Fender Strat if you like hot meals and a warm bed.....then again a sleeping bag next to your 2nd gen charger isn't all that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TylerCharger69

Fender Strat???  PEEEYOOOOO!!!!!    Jackson or Gibson is the way to go

Blakcharger440

The second gen Chargers are just plain cool looking. The Dukies did not make them popular as they were
already considered one of the most awesome style of muscle cars out there before that series came along!

My first experience with a Charger was a 70 Charger RT with a pistol grip 4spd that came rumbling up into a
local burger joint. Everybody and their dog surrounded the car with sounds of ooooooohhh's,ahhhhhhhh's,
comments that they wish they had one and the owner stepping out of it and showing off the big 440 with sixpack!  :o :o :o
That was back in 1979!!!! I remember it like it was yesterday! The car was red with a black top and black interior.

Today I own a 70 Charger RT 440 4spd which was originally the same colors, but I have painted it black.
I still feel the same about second gen. Chargers today as I did back then!
Simply an awesome car with good looks and big power!    :icon_smile_big:    :yesnod: