News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

60 over

Started by moparjohn, August 21, 2006, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparjohn

OK I got my engine block back, we had to go 30 over to clean it up- it had already been done 30 over in 93 when it was previously rebuilt.  So now it's 60 over and  I've heard a few people say thats alot- IS IT?? I had the block sonic tested and it passed ,135  they said over 100 is good.  I drive my car and just want some opinions.  I will be installing a fresh stock radiator W/hi eff. cool . Your thoughts please. John
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

firefighter3931

That will be fine John. This isn't a race build so don't sweat it.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Recharger

Oh, ok.  I thought this was a thread about a serious speeding ticket.  nm.   :icon_smile_big:

I'm no expert, but based on what you've said, if it passed a sonic check I think you're good to go.  There seems to be a lot of variation in these blocks, some could take .060, some couldn't.  Sounds like you've got a winner.  :yesnod:  Good luck with it. 

Chryco Psycho

at .135 you should still have enough thickness even for a high output / race block

moparjohn

Sigh of relief, thanks guys
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!