News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Which way to install carpet underlay.......

Started by bandit67, August 16, 2006, 12:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit67

Hi Guys, need some opinions , please.  Am about to install some foil backed carpet underlay and am not sure which way it goes. All the tv shows show the foil to the inside of the car.  But when I read the directions on the roll , it says the foil goes towards the heat. I read that to say the foil glues to the floorboard. The guy I got the stuff from says he has seen it installed both ways and called the manufactor and they said install it foil to floorboard.   My old Buick came from the factory with that in both front floorboards.........installed foil up.  What is the correct way..................any ideas............thanks ...........John

OttawaCharger

I've only ever seen it on TV foil side up but if the manufacturer says to put it the other way, I'd be inclined to go with their advice.
which brand of underlay are you installing? Maybe someone here has used that particular brand.
Crutchfield has installation instructions (a video too) for the dynamat brand on their website.
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

bandit67

It is called 3 in 1 Insulation , Heat Shield & Sound Deadener sold by Quality Heat Shield , part no 25070.  Ok, here is the exact wording for installation.
                Installing in engine compartment and floor boards, Aluminum Foil is always towards heat.

Any other applications , the Aluminum Foil faces out.

Sounds to me like foil to floor board and foil to inside of car on doors, package tray shelf, behind rear seat..........that sound right to yall.........J