News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lower Control Arm Shaft.

Started by Mopar Crazy, August 11, 2006, 02:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopar Crazy

It's been 3 years and finally putting back the front suspension on my 68 Charger. The Shaft that attaches to the lower control arm bushing and extends into the K-Frame.
My question, IS there a metal sleeve on the part of the Shaft that goes through the K-Frame???
Would anyone have an exploded view of this????
Thanks
Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Mopar Crazy

Do it Once and Do it Right !!!

resq302

chances are that sleeve you are talking about is the inner sleeve from the bushing.  when I pulled my front suspension apart, I had that sleeve come out with the shaft.  I had to end up using a cut off wheel ever so gently to cut that sleeve off of the shaft.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chryco Psycho

if you used poly bushings the sleeve remains in place on the shaft
no sleeve where ti goes into the K frame though 

BigBlackDodge

When it slips through the k-fame and the nut is applied on the front side it shouldn't move anymore. All the pivoting takes place at the lower arm with the bushings.......the shaft is stationary. It's always a good idea to look around the area where the shaft goes through for cracks.

BBD