News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How do you ship a hood?

Started by Wakko, August 10, 2006, 10:45:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Found a guy in Georgia with a hood for my Buick, but he said Greyhound won't ship it.  Carrier wants something like $90 or so, anyone have other ideas?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: Wakko on August 10, 2006, 10:45:11 AM
Found a guy in Georgia with a hood for my Buick, but he said Greyhound won't ship it.  Carrier wants something like $90 or so, anyone have other ideas?
$90 is Cheap for a freight charge.  I would have at least expected $150

Shakey

I'd agree.  $90.00 doesn't sound too bad considering you probably couldn't  drive from FL to GA and back for that kinda money.  I'd say go for it as long as it is packaged properly.

Charger_Fan

As far as packaging goes, see if the seller car find a fridge box or two. Tell him to wrap it long ways, then cross ways with another piece, so the whole thing's wrapped in a big "+"...then tape the ever-lovin' crap out of it, like a whole roll worth.

I've only shipped one hood, but it arrived in good shape. :icon_smile_approve:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Wakko

He was gonna have it professionally packaged for $45, hopefully that means packaged WELL.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

twilt

Greyhound will ship a hood as long as its under 100 pounds. I shipped a 73 Charger  power bulge hood via greyhound about 2 weeks ago. It cost around $90 from Hotlanta, GA to Naples, Fl  All i did was put a little cardboard around the edges, then wrapped the heck out of it with plastic wrap that can be bought at Office Depot.  The hood arrived undamaged. The hood itself was around 80lbs. Seeing that items shipped Greyhound are put on the bottom of the bus and taken on/off by hand, The chances of damage are minimal. Also, Greyhound will ship packages shipping charges collect. The receiver pays the charges when they pick it up from their local station. Thats what i do when i ship Greyhound, so potential buyers will know i am not screwing them on shipping charges.

Its kind of ironic though..... another member of this site whose name i will not mention, absolutely refused to ship me an item shipping charges collect. (why wouldn`t a person be willing to do that???) He insisted that i pay $150-$175 up front for the Greyhound shipping. I When i checked the Greyhound site, those charges were really going to be around $85.   ::)   

Skyview69

I rec'd a hood that was shipped by Greyhound from Washington to Michigan.  It was wrapped in thick cardboard.  The shipping was checp and took about a week.  There was slight damage on the side of hood as if it were dropped on the edge but I have no way of knowing if it was from the shipping or not.

Lowprofile

I was gonna say it sounds like a road trip to me! :icon_smile_big:

Wow, thats cool that Greyhound ships parts! Learn something new around here every day!  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Silver R/T

Ive shipped hoods by oak harbor freight and molerway
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

RD

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 10, 2006, 03:44:22 PM
Wow, thats cool that Greyhound ships parts! Learn something new around here every day!  :2thumbs:

and the parts are in better condition when they arrive for all the reasons that twilt stated above... oh, did I mention that its cheaper too?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BigBlockSam

QuoteI was gonna say it sounds like a road trip to me!

road trip! me and my wife luv those kind of roadtrips. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Wakko

No $$ for a roadtrip right now!   ;D
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Steve P.

Too bad you didn't buy it a bit sooner, Wakko. We were just up to the Atlanta area 2 weeks ago. I would have grabbed it for you for nothing...   Sorry bud!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

KMPX2

I had a pair of used glass fenders sent to me thru Greyhound no problem. It was also alot faster than anyone else