News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Def Leppard or Poison?

Started by PocketThunder, August 08, 2006, 11:33:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is your preferred 80's Hair Band?

Def Leppard
35 (83.3%)
Poison
7 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 42

andy74

sorry about that,slayer rocks!

Ponch ®

Quote from: andy74 on August 09, 2006, 04:34:00 PM

did you know Kerry King was in Megadeth?
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ponch ®

BTW - if you want to check out something different, try Brujeria and its succesor Asesino. Both bands are made up of members of well known metal bands (Fear Factory, Faith No More, Sepultura, etc) pretending to be mexican drug lords. It's some really heavy shit - its in spanish, but good metal is good metal.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

dodge freak

I hear them in Acapulco last March on my vacation, was in a VW bug taxi, they were awesome, I could not understand what was being said. :icon_smile_sad:

Those taxi's were great some of them had dvd screen's ,amp's-never seen so many cool pieices of crap before. One car I was in had everything, neon lights, dvd screen's amps, subwoofer's. The seat was loose, the door was just barley hang on, window cranks gone, might not had even had a door window. It was a junk VW bug with $2000 +plus stuff in it.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on August 09, 2006, 05:37:46 PM
BTW - if you want to check out something different, try Brujeria and its succesor Asesino. Both bands are made up of members of well known metal bands (Fear Factory, Faith No More, Sepultura, etc) pretending to be mexican drug lords. It's some really heavy shit - its in spanish, but good metal is good metal.

:METAL:

Dino is dah man! :2thumbs:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

RT DAVE

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on August 09, 2006, 05:19:33 PM

When was this?  I have all their stuff and wasn't aware of that happening.  Is this a new occurrence or something?

Also, add TESTAMENT to my list of bands.   

SORRY ABOUT THE THREAD HIJACKING!!!!!
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ponch ®

Quote from: RT DAVE on August 09, 2006, 08:28:22 PM
Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on August 09, 2006, 05:19:33 PM

When was this?  I have all their stuff and wasn't aware of that happening.  Is this a new occurrence or something?

Also, add TESTAMENT to my list of bands.   

SORRY ABOUT THE THREAD HIJACKING!!!!!

pretty early on...he was their original rythim guitarist and Dave taught him a lot of stuff. He didn't last very long - in fact I'm not sure if he even recorded anything with the band. They now hate each other- Kerry is always calling Dave a pussy in interviews.

And, of course, everyone knows that Dave Mustaine was in Metallica too. (whom KK also bashes at every oportunity)

Todd Wilson

I still say Def L. wasnt a hair band.

Todd

Mike DC

IMHO, DefLep were musicians who also partied a lot.  Poison were partiers who also played music a lot.

-------------------------------------

DefLep had more of the basic timeless skills all good rock bands need.  They were definitely a hair-band, but hair bands were "the thing" for them to be at that time & place.  They could've probably still been a successful band during an earlier or later era in rock. 

Poison was totally representative of that hair-metal era.  It's pretty hard to picture Poison existing in any other form than the one they took.

TylerCharger69

Yep..Slayer is an automatic....I've heard of Iced Earth  too....And Testament..Savatage,  Kreator, Eidolon, Nevermore.......But you know....what about the founding fathers of metal?....Black Sabbath?

Nacho-RT74

slayer will have a concert at my birthdays dwon here... 9-17
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

RT DAVE

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on August 10, 2006, 06:58:40 AM
Yep..Slayer is an automatic....I've heard of Iced Earth  too....And Testament..Savatage,  Kreator, Eidolon, Nevermore.......But you know....what about the founding fathers of metal?....Black Sabbath?

The fact that Sabbath rules/ruled is just a given.  I think that's why they've been omitted.   
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ponch ®

Lowprofile

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 10, 2006, 01:17:57 AM

IMHO, DefLep were musicians who also partied a lot.  Poison were partiers who also played music a lot.

-------------------------------------

DefLep had more of the basic timeless skills all good rock bands need.  They were definitely a hair-band, but hair bands were "the thing" for them to be at that time & place.  They could've probably still been a successful band during an earlier or later era in rock. 

Poison was totally representative of that hair-metal era.  It's pretty hard to picture Poison existing in any other form than the one they took.

My thoughts exactly.......Here's a couple of pics from back in the day.........
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

dodge freak

Ha Ha ,Poison guys look like a bunch of fakes compare to Def Leppard guys. Take a good look at their faces, Poison looks like they have make up on and are some jocks with long hair, Def Leppard guys look like tough guys you would not want to start a fight with.

greenpigs

Quote from: dodge freak on August 10, 2006, 02:13:48 PM
Def Leppard guys look like tough guys you would not want to start a fight with.

I think I could whip the drummer.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

bull

Quote from: greenpigs on August 10, 2006, 03:59:29 PM
Def Leppard guys look like tough guys you would not want to start a fight with.

I think I could whip the drummer.

I doubt it. He'd pretend he's playing 'Animal' and start thumping your melon like a snare with a drumstick in that one good hand has and you'd run away screaming.

bull

Does Gwar qualify as a hair band? Guess not. No hair.

Ponch ®

Ha Ha ,Poison guys look like a bunch of fakes compare to Def Leppard guys. Take a good look at their faces, Poison looks like they have make up on and are some jocks with long hair, Def Leppard guys look like tough guys you would not want to start a fight with.

I didnt want to do this, but all this Poison bashing is forcing my hand:

Slayer, circa 1982:

Black Sabbath, 1968:

Maybe there is something to the "Lemmy is God" joke:

the rest of his band:

Any Korn fans in the house?

Pantera, circa 1988:

RD

man o man, pantera hits hard!  i love their guitar solos
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

andy74

i dug through some boxes of my old tapes yesterday,since this thread got me in the mood! was listeneing to king diamond"the eye of the witch" while i was working on the charger,and found some man o war,twisted sister(under the blade ) a few more death,obituary,metal church,etc

Chris G.

Quote from: MojoJojo Classic ® on August 10, 2006, 08:35:04 PM

I didnt want to do this, but all this Poison bashing is forcing my hand:

Nice job as always Mojo.  :yesnod:

I liked Def Leppard from the start, and always thought they made some good tunes. If you DJ at a bar a play Pour Some Sugar On Me, you will have a good night...or at least 5 good minutes of entertainment.  ;)

Poison had some catchy tunes, but Brett Michaels sounds like such an ego maniac when interviewed. Geez, you would think "Every Rose" should be inducted into the bible or something the way Brett talks about how he wrote that song. And what was the deal with C.C.? Did he really play?

TheGhost

Off topic here for a second...

Anyone else like Jackal?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.