News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fusible Link..?

Started by T16, August 06, 2006, 04:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T16

Doing some research on bypassing the amp gauge on the dash.. not sure if I will do it or not..

But explain this to a swedish: "Fusible Link".. its this some kind of connector..?

Also stumbled upon "fusible link wires"..

???

Plumcrazy

A fusible link is what looks like an ordinary piece of wire that acts like a fuse.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

NHCharger

Here's a pic of a fusible link. This one connects to the starter relay, then connects to a wire that runs to the bulk head connector. As Plum said this piece of wire acts as a fuse so only this section of wire would burn out in case of an electrical problem/overload, not all the wiring.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Captain D

This is the type of fusible link that I have on my 69' Charger. I'm doing some searches, but how do I disconnect the engine connector from the bulkhead in order to replace my fusible link?

Thank you for any tips and replies,
Aaron

resq302

Aaron,

The one you have should look similar (not exact) to the one in the picture.  It should have a flat spade connector where it plugs into the harness plug at the firewall.  In order to remove it, you should squeeze the sides of the spade together and push it backward towards the wire (bumper side).  From what I remember, it should have a thick black molded end to it where it goes through the rectangular hole in the plug.  I emailed you a picture of what the spade end will look like outside of the plug and where you need to squeeze it together.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto