News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HP/Torque - stock 440

Started by defiance, August 05, 2006, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

defiance

Ok, just got off the chassis dyno with my charger.  I know dyno numbers are usually lower than you'd expect, but I thought I'd be closing in on 300 rwhp...  No such luck.  Happy with the torque numbers, though..

Final peaks were 212HP / 357ft/lbs .

The engine is a pretty much bone stock 440 from a '76 something-or-other (not sure what).  It was bored at the last rebuild, not sure how much, though.  Edelbrock Performer (not RPM) manifold, 1000CFM throttle body, and port injection (the injection theoretically shouldn't really add any power, as far as I know, just gives better control and response), and hand-build cold air intake (air intake temps rarely went over 110 in today's tuning/testing session, which is good considering it was around 100 in the shop! :) ).  The cam and heads are stock - the heads have supposedly had some work done to them, but I don't think it was anything more than cleaning and such.

It's running on a 727 to a 2.76 rear end...  I'm not sure how much the rear end relates to dyno numbers, but if it does, there it is. 

So what do you think?  Are these numbers what you'd expect to see?

andy74

do you know the compression ratio,cam specs etc?hard to tell if your doing good or not with the info you have given so far-a stone stock motor home 440 would give that type of numbers,at least in my opinion-how does she perform?dynos can offer lower/higher numbers dependent on temps,conditions and operator also,Andy

defiance

Seems to run like mad to me  ;D  I'm not really complaining about it.  I'm not really sure about the compression or cam, I think the cam is stock and my dad (who had the motor built) *THINKS* the compression is around 9:1

Chryco Psycho

seems about right from my experience , with stock heads & cam & probably closer to 7.8:1 compression & the worse then stock performer intake that is about all I would expect from it
fun to pull on a dyno though !!!