News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got to meet Ryan Newman last night.

Started by chargerboy69, August 04, 2006, 05:38:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerboy69

Yesterday I went to Indy. I got there 2 1/2 hours early for The Dodge Racers Around the Square event for the Brickyard. You had to get a ticket to get a autograph. They were only handing out 100 tickets per driver. I was number 110. I was pissed. Over a two hour drive through storms. And then the A/C took a crap in my Yukon on the way down. But on to the story.  So I proceeded to scope out the line for non-fans. Sure enough, I spotted a father and son in Gordon gear. I offered the dad $50.00 for his ticket. He did not even hesitate. I gave him the fifty and he gave me the ticket. As I was waiting in the line for Ryan to arrive, I was at the end. They had us lined down a street. Not more than 5 feet away from me a new Hemi Ram Mega Cab pulls in. Out of the drivers seat comes Ryan. Just him. He drove himself to the event. Anyway, since I was about last in line, I was able to get a couple things signed and briefly talk with him. I wanted to meet Kasey Kahne and Kurt Busch but ran out of time. It was great. Defiantly worth the trip.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

89MOPAR

77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

69_500

I did the same thing to meet kasey kahne here in Indy the other night. Only I used the access of camera's to get some photo's and autographs. When you show up with a professional camcorder, and camera to photograph they sometimes assume your with the press for the event. They let me in, got some things signed, took some photo's and left.

defiance

I work @ Alltel and met him a couple times...  I'm at corp HQ, so they have events here sometimes with him...  I'm not really a fan, though.  I kinda keep an eye on his performance because he's on the company home page ... Not doing too well this year, though.  Last year, good job, this year, not so much...