News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I wrecked my Charger

Started by Zentelis, August 02, 2006, 11:48:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zentelis

Just a small update.
With the help of some members here (Especially Bryan, thanks man!!) I've finished gathering all the parts I'll need for the repairs. A lot of folks here who posted in this thread or in other threads gave me some leads on far less expensive parts than any one supplier could offer.
They're being shipping tomorrow and the repairs should start by next week!
Chances are I'll still need additional parts as they tear everything apart and find other little problems, but I don't think it should be more than a couple hundred dollars.

greezygirl

that is a heart break.
but youre not hurt so like my dad says,''shit happens kid.  now fix it."
also i have repaired panels in way worse shape.

TylerCharger69

yes...that really sucks.....but.....it can be fixed!!!   For the record.......I used some Year One quarter skins on some restos.....They fit pretty good for the most part with minor alterations   as far as the panel behing the window....There's a place that sells them, but I can't remember where...I'm sure someone will chime in on that one.

Lord Warlock

First you make a post to the 3Si threads (for all the rest here, 3Si is the largest 3000GT/Stealth forum around, and zent and I have been on there for about 5 years) , and it almost sounds like you pasted this one from that thread, got all the sympathy you could there, and now post it here so we can all feel bad for you again.  You my friend, are a glutton for guilt.  I feel bad for you, but my tears won't fall again...sorry, only one teardrop per forum lol. 

At least here on this site, you may be able to find the needed parts you need.  YES its ME....and yes, you've found my 2nd home lately. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

1fine69

damn sorry to hear about that. what a bummer time to pull up your sleeves and get to wrenchin again  :-[
THE DEVIL'S A PIMP DON'T BE HIS HOE!

myrtle

Im sorry to hear,. I hopeit all works out,..
BUT ON A BRIGHTER SIDE,.. I may know of a way you could make a lil $$ to offset the repairs,...

Gimme some info on the two beautiful Stealths I see in the Background,..
They look like 2nd gens,.. RT/TT?
Im in th emarket for one,...

;)
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

Lord Warlock

Plenty of RT TTs for sale on 3si.org.  However, I did find a brand new 893 mile original and another with 15k miles.  the 15k one is selling for 15k.  I posted a link in the classified section there.  Or you can search ebay.  There is no fee to join 3si.org, only if you want to post in the members section.  (I have a 1st gen TT i'll sell for restoration funds on the charger)

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Zentelis

Quote from: myrtle on September 15, 2006, 06:05:59 AM
Gimme some info on the two beautiful Stealths I see in the Background,..
They look like 2nd gens,.. RT/TT?
Im in th emarket for one,...

;)
Sorry, not for sale  ;D
The red TT is my #2 dream car.
The yellow R/T is not a turbo and belongs to my mom.

But, like warlock said, you can find plenty on 3si.org and ebay. When you do find one, let me know (or warlock, i'm sure) and I'll do my best to give you my opinion on it..
Lord Warlock and I have been involved with these 3000GT/Stealths for a long time :)

myrtle

Allow myself.. to, introduce myself?

Ah its the original

VR4_007

long time member of 3SI ;)
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

Lord Warlock

Hows the parts hunting going?  get em all delivered yet?  I just spent a good afternoon taking trim off and cleaning off the old mags on one side.  It sometimes amazes me how clean the old charger really is, not a single rust hole on any of the wheel openings or even rear lower quarters.  I've started working on the body, but can tell mine is going to take longer than a few weekends.  But at least I'm doing something on one of the toys now, better than wasting time indoors.  (its been too hot to play outside lately-just cooling off now)

Was the body shop willing to do the metalwork? Once you got most of the parts. 

LW
hey 007