News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd Gneration Headliner bows color codes

Started by JimShine, July 31, 2006, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimShine

Does anyone here know what order the bows are installed in by the color codes? I see the factory marked them on each end a different color and was told that tells you where each goes. My bows are removed and loose. If anyone is removing theirs or if someone noted the coding, please share it!

kab69440

Put them in the car. It is brutally obvious where each one belongs. The bigger the bow, the farther back it goes. The front two appear to be the same. You'll see what I mean...
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

4402tuff4u

Quote from: kab69440 on August 01, 2006, 05:45:24 AM
Put them in the car. It is brutally obvious where each one belongs. The bigger the bow, the farther back it goes. The front two appear to be the same. You'll see what I mean...

I agree. At first I was worried of not taking out the bows from the original liner until the installer who installed mine was at my house. He came over and took everything apart not really paying attention and started sliding the bows in the new liner. He said shorter to longer towards the rear. There are  two small bows that go on the sail panels. Makesure that the new head liner does have the small pockets for the small bows in the sail panels like the original liner, if not, have them sewn in. It makes a big difference - don't let anyone tell you different. My guy took the liner to his garage and came back with the new bow pockets. If not, the sail panels will look wrinkled, especially if they glue them only. You should also have the two little hook wires that go on the last bow next to the rear windshield. That will keep liner bow in tension and work as a anchor so it does not pull forward. Good luck!

Oh, makesure the installer marks where all the attachements go and makesure you install the insulation on the underside of the roof. 
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"