News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Little Question

Started by reghoule, July 29, 2006, 11:49:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reghoule

Hi!

I just want to know if the part that goes on the air cleaner of a 69 Charger (in these case, where it's write 440 magnum) is supposed to be orange or red?? The guy as the parts store told me it was red in color for the 68-69 model years, is that right? I always thought it was red for 68 and orange for 69...

Thanks for your help  ;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

You are correct

Red 67-68

Orange 69-71
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rollingthunder

the early production 69S were red they changed it around Jan. of 69.
mine is red I bought it off the original owner in 1980, I also read something about it to.
life's to short have a blast before its gone.

hemigeno

I guess it depends on who you talk to.  I've got a copy of the Concours Judging sheet for the Daytona's, and it shows that the pie tin should be the red version.  That doesn't make it the definitive answer, it's just (yet) another opinion of what is "correct".  Sheesh...

:ahum:

Ghoste

Who compiles these "documents of correctness" anyway?

topduarte

Quote from: Ghoste on July 31, 2006, 02:49:59 PM
Who compiles these "documents of correctness" anyway?

Galen does of course!!!  Isn't he the Mopar guru and his word is the bible!! ;D

Orange_Crush

If your engine was originally turquoise, chances are you have a red pie pan.

My '69 SE 383 had a red pan.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

reghoule

Yeah that's what I was thinking...early block in 69 were turquoise with the red pie tin and the late version were all orange, block and Pie?

Since my car was born on January 22th of 1969, should be a late version?

Bye the way thanks for all the answer, I'm pretty sure that It will be orange, since my car has already the 440 painted this color ;D