News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1972 se driver's side glass

Started by pancho13, July 29, 2006, 05:48:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho13

I just purchased my charger & noticed the driver's side glass is about 3/8 inch shorter than the passenger side, leaving a 1/2 gap between the window & 1/4 window. The car has factory tinted glass; the driver's side has tint-film on the window. I compared the part numbers on the window; they're different as well. I guess the original glass broke & they replaced it with smaller replacement glass. Anyone have any suggestions where I can order a new or replacement tinted glass? Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

is the window adjusted correctly ? the glass may be adjusted to far forward & the stops could be set to low , I would remove the panel & adjust the mechanism before repalcing the glass

pancho13

andy74

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on August 02, 2006, 01:18:21 AM
is the window adjusted correctly ? the glass may be adjusted to far forward & the stops could be set to low , I would remove the panel & adjust the mechanism before repalcing the glass
i agree 100%,when i first got mine the windows were so frigged up that none of them touched,the prior owner had started adjusting things badly,and it took me a few tries to get them correct

Nacho-RT74

procedure order is:
-alignt door.
-Door glass.
-Quarter glass.

Door is aligned with quarter and rocker first, then fender with door. After fender is aligned, then doors can get MINOR adjustments.

Since doors don't have glass frames, this is the first step to be sure window will be good aligned.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

pancho13

I'm doing it this weekend, I'll let you know how it went. Thanks everyone!