News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I finally drove my Charger today after 2 years! >>>added video

Started by PocketThunder, July 28, 2006, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

:boogie: YES!  Its been almost 2 years since i pulled this 68 out of the weeds, and i reaped the benefits of my labor this week.  She runs strong and has a lot of balls!  Before this car i had a 350 in a 55 Chevy and that was nice with some pep but this 440 is a whole nother ball game..  I did a nut and bolt resto on this car for those of you reading that dont surf the auto body section.  where i have been for the last year and a half..

It was car show Friday at work today.  I hit the car wash this morning and then cruised into work.  And i tell you what, just when you think you have cleaned out all the sand from sandblasting.... bam, one piece gets in your eye.  So that sucked but i was able to get it out and not crash the car.

So i'm blasting in doing a couple jumps on the gas and ofcourse some a-hole in a Lexus is tailing me.  Like i'm real impressed that his $45k 4 door sedan can keep up with me.  Anyways, i need to get a over flow bottle for the radiator, its embarrasing to see a dozen drops of antifreeze under the car in the parking lot. 

So guys, FINALLY, its all worth it in the end... :yesnod:

Paul
in St. Paul

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

OttawaCharger

Congratulations!  :cheers: :cheers:
I hope to be in your shoes one day. I hadn't even sat in a 68 Charger before buying mine.  Come to think of it.  I still haven't really sat in a 68 Charger! :icon_smile_tongue:
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

Brock Samson

oh what a feeling!
they look good without the bumper and handle good too...  :icon_smile_wink Huh?..

(we want pics~!)  :laugh:

MOPARHOUND!

Congrats. 

Starting a project is easy, finishing it puts you in rare company.  Way to go! :bow: :bow: :bow:  :icon_smile_cool:

1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

70charginglizard

Very nice job. Looks teriffic!

and about that lexus guy. He's an idiot. Just shake your head and mouth to him in the rear view window....your not worth my time.

overflows are a definate must. I got one in mind and have never regretted it since.
70charginglizard

Recharger

Congrats, PT, looks great!  Hopefully I'm only a month or 2 behind you with mine.  If you head down to Chicago with it you'll have to let me get a close up look at it.   :thumbs:

General_01

Looks great Paul! Hope I get to see it tomorrow in Anoka. Wonder if the heat wave is going to keep people away? We'll see.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

tan top

congratulations , nice job . it makes all the blood sweat & tears worth wile ,when you crank the motor put it in drive and pull out on to the street after a 2-3 -4 year rebuild . :drive: awesome stuff     :thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bull

runningman

Awesome, would love to see some more pics.  I should have mine ready next spring.........can't wait!!!!

4402tuff4u

I hate you!!   :no:                           Just kidding Paul, you beat me alright and a big CONGRATULATIONS bud!!! You deserve it! you've been at it and I know what you've been through. I'm getting there - I think by mid August I might have mine running too. Just take it easy on that 440 for the first 4,000 miles! My engine rebuilder has a few cars in the way, so he said stop by in two weeks and you might be able to trailer it over for the "breaking-in" work. Can't wait to here the 440 with new exhaust and those INDY heads!!  Paul, all I see in the photo is a red mirror with wheels where is the Charger?  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

4402tuff4u

Hey Paul, Are you having the front bumper rechromed? The glass you sent me looks awesome in my Charger - thanks again!!! :2thumbs:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

dodgecharger-fan

Congratulations! I too hope to be able to join the ranks of "It's Done!"

The car looks awesome. Sounds like it's a blast.

Now, wipe that smile off your face. (Nah, I didn't think you could.)

OttawaCharger - your story sounds very similar to mine...

Charger_Fan

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on July 28, 2006, 11:34:09 AM 
Starting a project is easy, finishing it puts you in rare company.  Way to go! :bow: :bow: :bow:  :icon_smile_cool:

That's for sure. :yesnod:

Congrats Man, that car looks FAN-fracking-TASTIC!!! :drool5:
So...is it still your wife's car, or is it gonna be yours for a while first??? ;D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

AirborneSilva

VERY nice... you should have asked that clown in the lexus if he thought his car was such a hot rod if he wanted to race for pinks  :yesnod: :icon_smile_tongue:

Just 6T9 CHGR

She looks great Paul!   Good luck!  :cheers:

PS---no overflow needed.   Just leave about 1" or so space in the top of the rad for expansion of the coolant....no more puking on the ground.

NEWBIE! ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Rack

Blue Pentastar

Awesome job. Don't worry about the guy in the Lexus he just wanted to see what a real car looked like up close. Alittle puking out the radiator with a new engine especially is not uncommon.

But one thing I want to know is how to get one done. No matter how many times I think ok its done I think of something else to do. Maybe I am just a glutten.

Super job

Mike Schrader       :2thumbs:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

firefighter3931

Good work, car looks great  :icon_smile_cool:....now get some fresh oil in there !  :icon_smile_big:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

MichaelRW

Great job! I had that sand problem too but not in the eye.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

dart3404

694spdRT

Congrats Paul she looks great! Another one saved.  :cheers:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Mopar440+6

Paul, The taillights on that look AWESOME!!!  ;) ;) :D :D Great job man! I hope my car turns out as nice as yours. Congrats!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722