News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

small block heads/combos

Started by Lightning, July 25, 2006, 12:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightning

are small block 360-1 indy's worth the money?  or would it be better to go with the Aluminum Commando's, W2's, Mag R/T's, or the Big Port Commando's?

also, I just saw that Hughes Engines now has a 426ci stroker kit for the 360 block...anybody have any opinions on it? they're wanting $2,500 for the rotating assembly.

i'm shooting for 600-650hp with a race cam on 93 octane fuel,  I don't mind if I have to use somewhat-exotic valvetrain to get it.

I'm still trying to do the drifting thing, but I'm gonna use either an A-body or I'll pick me up another M-body (Good thing Michigan doesnt do emissions testing...)
when racing deals fall apart.....you go home, like me.

dodge freak

No Michigan don't have any tests at all, no safety either. That means you can do what ever you like, as long as you can drive pass the police like everybody else they leave you alone.
600 horse power from a small block ? Even if you could get it how long to you think it last ? Guess you could get a racing small block from Mopar but those cost a lot and they are bare. Why not a big block motor ? I let others tell you how to get 600 hp out of them, I am not sure but it seem like to use a small block motor is asking for trouble.

Lightning

I need the car to handle too, unless I wind up using a B-body, then I'll make a Max Wedge motor or something.

Ponch ®

i would think that a 600 hp small block would cost a pretty penny. I remember there was a guy here who stroked a 318 ( I believe) and got something like 450 hp...for about $7000.

if youre looking for that kind of HP, go big block.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

JimShine

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

dodge freak

Well I don't know if this is any good but ATI has just started selling crate engines. They have a Chrysler 408 SB for $4,996 -has all new parts valves , springs , cast pistons , etc. 10-1 compression 450 hp. Upgrades available. www.atiracing.com Thats the street motor with a one year warranty

The racing motor is $6996 and has 11-1 compression and 525 hp. with a 60 day warranty.

Prices sound good and it comes to your door already broken in. How much to ship IDK.

1-877-298-5039 , they have Fords and Chevy's too. No big block Chrysler , just F & C

dodge freak

Don't see the engines on the web site, well they just started selling them.

Lightning

I was thinking of going the forged pistons and crank route...I just want the thing to be durable enough to withstand continous usage.

dodge freak

They have those too , just more money. If I needed a motor  I might get one. A 360 is about $3000. Thats heads too and you just have to drop it in. Beats waiting a few weeks for a shop to do it.  Its worth looking in to. You can even get a trans. to go with it.