News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Favorite Yr. Charger Poll:

Started by Brock Samson, July 12, 2006, 11:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is your Favorite Year of the charger? and please explain why...

1966-1967
1972-1974
Other: Please List

The70RT

Quote from: 70ChargerRTSE_Lee on April 14, 2008, 02:24:09 PM
My favaorite is the 70. I like the grill, the tail lights, the 26" radiator upgrade so the car does't heat up and the longitudinal stripes. I also like the R/T in the middle of the door scoop.

Yep...don't we all....... :D
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

hlpagsucks

A 68 or 69. I cant stand the wing on the 70.
As far as 2006, an overglorified chrys 300 doesnt count. At least the new challenger represents its 71 counterpart.

69*F5*SE

Yeah, 68 or 69. I like each for different reasons.  I have a 69 so I guess I should at least lean toward 69 just for the fact.  Otherwise 68 or 69.  :shruggy:

andy74

72,71,73 then 74- im partial to third gens and th e72 se is the best looking in my opinion, i like the small roll down rear quarter windows,and the vinyl top look-nothing wrong with the other body styles but thats my favs, hence the reason i have a 72 se!

Dodge Don

Quote from: hlpagsucks on April 15, 2008, 01:44:49 PM
As far as 2006, an overglorified chrys 300 doesnt count. At least the new challenger represents its 71 counterpart.

Wing?

squeakfinder

Quote from: Dodge Don on April 15, 2008, 04:26:09 PM

Wing?

He must be referring to the Daytona?
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Dodge Don

Quote from: squeakfinder on April 15, 2008, 05:23:12 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on April 15, 2008, 04:26:09 PM

Wing?

He must be referring to the Daytona?

Granted the Daytona is more 70 Charger than 69 but yeesh.  :shruggy:  If you find one of those wing things you hate hidden away in a barn somewhere just let me know so I can buy it  :yesnod:

hlpagsucks

sorry man, what I was refering to is the redesigned door that has those fins on them. I wasnt talking about the daytona but Im not a big fan of that design either, even though they fetch some big bucks.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Carlwalski

Challenger or Cuda Oops, wrong site........ 1968 :2thumbs:

C500

Quote from: NZ440R/T on June 29, 2008, 04:08:05 AM

Challenger or Cuda Oops, wrong site........ 1968 :2thumbs:

lol, nice work Carl  :2thumbs:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

nakita7

I a little shocked 68 is number 1, I would have thought 69....

oldgold69

69 I likethe tail lights  better than a 68.  had a 68 h code.  didnt like the upholstery with those ribs running sideways

I'd say 69 for the taillights - Though 68 for the front grill.
I went for 69 in the end - but its a close call
An eye for an eye leaves the whole world monocular.

Ghoste

Thats what makes it fun, even though we might have favorites we still love them all.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 18, 2006, 12:50:20 PM
I'm sorry if I didn't break the choices (years) down enuff, but you know we've done this same poll before and pretty much do know how the various years' popularity shakes out,..
General Lee...  :icon_smile_big:

But yeah, that discrepency between the 1st and third generations is remarkable...  ???

I'd sure put the '71 and 72s togeather except that would weight the sample to that pairs advantage.
I'd prefer to think of the lowered compression cars togeather.
I figgure after '72 the entire industry went in a slump,.. but, nonetheless, there are sure some FINE post '71s on this board, and these cars seem to be making a resergence in popularity since they are out there and closer to the demographic on this board, for example, i bet alot of dads are fixing up third gens after having one used or new in the '70s or '80s... where as "original" '66-'67 owners are more likely to be granddads' now and the cars are less plentiful and more expensive to maintain over the ensuing years...
It's also Interesting the small number of post '74 Chargers reciving any appreciation on this board.
I know localy of a really sweet three tone blue T-top Daytona.  :yesnod: Basicly a Charger Right?..

it's only a hop skip and a jump to a Cordoba but aint none of those on this here board either...
I probably think too much about this crap huh?..  :-\

Yes there is I have a 78 Cordoba and a 74 Charger

tan top

Quote from: Ghoste on September 20, 2013, 08:00:38 AM
Thats what makes it fun, even though we might have favorites we still love them all.

that's true  :yesnod:   :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

F8-4life

68-74 is real good stuff.
Really don't care for much else.

Mopar Nut

1966 to 1974, even though I own a 69 and previously a 68.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

polywideblock

love them all  ,   :cheers:    have a preference for 71 models but their all great .would like a 70 model to go with it    :scratchchin:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

ws23rt

Quote from: polywideblock on September 20, 2013, 06:23:36 PM
love them all  ,   :cheers:    have a preference for 71 models but their all great .would like a 70 model to go with it    :scratchchin:

The 68 is the first of the best years for the charger. 69 is the last year of the best years for the charger. Done deal :icon_smile_wink:

Quoting polywideblock was unintentional  :shruggy:   I had a 70 charger for many years and wish I still had it---A great classic look that was a step away from the 68 & 69. Enough to separate it from the pre 68s as well.

So do we have three chargers types to like?  :yesnod:  There are the later cars with the charger name and are liked by many but they should have a name of their own :Twocents:

MaximRecoil

'69 because I like the split grille and the tail lights. '68 tail lights look good, but they seem like a knockoff of Corvette tail lights. The '68 grille looks good too, but because I'm so used to a '69 grille, it looks like something is missing.

'68s and '69s both look good to me, and maybe if I'd grown up with Bullitt instead of The Dukes of Hazzard I'd prefer the '68.

I don't like the front bumper on the '70 at all, nor do I like how it looks like they hacked an inch or two off the front of the hood and fenders to accomodate it. I don't like the plastic side scoops on some of the '70 R/Ts either, covering up one of the best and most iconic features of the second-generation Chargers (i.e., the simulated waste gates stamped into the doors).

I don't like the looks of any pre-'68 Mopar (except for the '63 and '64 Savoy 2-door), though I love the interior of '66 and '67 Chargers.

'71 - '74 Chargers are okay looking, though I prefer the looks of '71 - '74 Satellites / Road Runners.

Mopar Nut

Quote from: polywideblock on September 20, 2013, 06:23:36 PM
love them all  ,   :cheers:    have a preference for 71 models but their all great .would like a 70 model to go with it    :scratchchin:
Get looking!
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi*guy

I like them all from 68-71, but the 70 is my favorite . Pistol grip, door scoops,wrap around grill, ignition on column. color options! : :Twocents: