News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GL 1 for sale on Ebay

Started by KMPX2, July 21, 2005, 12:15:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KMPX2

Charger_Fan

That sh*t'll buff right out! :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Wakko

I didn't think it was going to go past 20k, obviously I was wrong.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wakko on July 21, 2005, 12:35:17 AM
I didn't think it was going to go past 20k, obviously I was wrong.
Never underestimate the wallet size of a Duke's fan? :ahum:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

YeeeHaaaaa!  Where's my wallet?? :apimp:

KMPX2

mustanghater

I want it plus its in ohio. I think its close to me?
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

JimShine

I think it sold for $20K to these guys. At the time I had the money and was hoping I could buy it for $15K. I am kind of glad I didn't get it. It is a great piece of history and all, but I would rather have two drivers and leave that up to a museum.

Khyron

That picture always makes me sad :(

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

General_01

Looks like those guys made a good investment.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

bacarudaguy

I'm good friends with one of the guys that originally found the car... he had it at a local show here in Chicago... it's REALLY rough, but granted, it did sit for how many years with cement in the trunk and rotting away in a field.... :rotz: :eyes:

I had a pic of it around here somewhere... just can't find it right now.... :'(

;D If you'd like a signature like this, shoot me a PM! ;D

Drache

Yeah we had another thread about this in this forum watching it when it first started.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: bacarudaguy on July 21, 2005, 10:25:38 PM
I'm good friends with one of the guys that originally found the car... he had it at a local show here in Chicago... it's REALLY rough, but granted, it did sit for how many years with cement in the trunk and rotting away in a field.... :rotz: :eyes:

I had a pic of it around here somewhere... just can't find it right now.... :'(

BBD

JimShine

I think Travis and Gary only paid $750 for it.

Moparstud440

KMPX2

I think they paid alot more than $750 for it. It took them a few years to get the guy to sell it to them.

JimShine

Ask Gary yourself. It was less than a grand, I do remember that.

Lostsheep

I remember Gary saying they payed $200 a piece, $400 total for it. I hope it goes to a good owner.

Wakko

Quote from: KMPX2 on July 22, 2005, 07:52:06 PM
I think they paid alot more than $750 for it. It took them a few years to get the guy to sell it to them.

As Lostsheep said, it was $400 and it took an afternoon to talk the guy into it, didn't it?   Gary has a website with the whole story on it.  Some bad blood because of that car.
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

Bad blood?  I hadn't heard that.  Who was upset about it?

Wakko

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Ghoste

Wow.  Some folks you just can't trust. huh?

bacarudaguy

Thanks for the read. I think I may just have to get in touch with Gary and see how he's doing... he WAS local to me... wonder if he still is... :rotz:

;D If you'd like a signature like this, shoot me a PM! ;D

tomonty

Very interesting read...just goes to show that some people you can never trust no matter how close to them you think you are. Real honest friendships can be hard to come by sometimes.
It is inaccurate to say that I hate everything. I am strongly in favor of common sense, common honesty, and common decency. This makes me forever ineligible for public office. - H.L. Mencken

Lostsheep