News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought a new toy today...pics..56k fugget it.

Started by Wakko, July 12, 2006, 10:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakko

Rock River Arms AR15 in .223.  Entry Tactical model with two stage match trigger, rubber Hogue grip, chrome lined barrel, ambidextrous safety, M4 barrel, 6 position stock and Eotech sight mount with switchable rear sight. 

I had to wait six weeks to get it versus getting an in stock Bushmaster, but the finish on the Rock River is gorgeous.  Looks almost painted.  Plus it comes with the trigger and grip upgrades while the Bushy does not. 

Took it out shooting, broke it in with 5,000 rounds of standard ammo...

and one round of special explosive Hostage Rescue Team ammo.
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

PocketThunder

put some 28's and a clear coat on that cutlass and that donker would be sick yo!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Rack

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 12, 2006, 10:39:48 PM
put some 28's and a clear coat on that cutlass and that donker would be sick yo!

Yeah and leave the holes in it and it would fit right in to a few neighborhoods around here.  :icon_smile_wink:

Wakko, is that an AR-15?

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mefirst

What are you gonna hunt with that? -Elephants?

Total waste of money :Twocents:

Rack

Quote from: Mefirst on July 12, 2006, 11:48:52 PM

Kind of funny coming from someone at a dodge charger forum.  :P

It's just another form of entertainment. Sometimes it's fun to take the ole' charger out and roast the tires. Other times it's fun to take a gun out and fill an old car full of holes.

I bet that gun cost less then his charger.  :icon_smile_big:

73dodge

Um and driving your Charger a quarter mile at a time wasting gas and polluting the environment is a wise investment of money? If your concerned about his use of funds for a toy you should start by selling your Charger and buy a Toyota Prius.

Besides if I remeber correctley he purchased that rifle for work.

me likey Wakko 
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

73chgrSE

ChargerRob

Mighty Mean Mexican Mopar

4402tuff4u

I believe Ian mentioned in previous posts that he needs it for work. Nice toy thou. A friend of mine has one and I shot it several times. Accurate as they come - even at 140 yards, the only negative thing I can say about his particular AR15 was that it was very load - load crack to it, but nice gun! Even with ear muffs, my ears were ringing.
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Drache

I had one like that but instead of the collapsable stock I had the solid M-16 type stock, and of course being in Canada it had to only be single shot.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Charger_Fan

Guns are cool. ;D

I've shot a couple AR15's (both with solid stocks), they shoot so nicely & you can hit absolutely anything you aim at. :thumbs:
Maybe I've got different earmuffs? My ears were just fine. :shruggy:

BTW, does Colt no longer make them? I haven't heard of the Rock River brand before.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

grouseman

Oh I waaaaaant one!!!!!!!!!

Have loads of fun with it!

Wakko

Yes, I bought the rifle for work but considering how many other guns are in the safe, I would have ended up buying one at some point anyway.  ;)   Colt still makes AR15s but they're VERY expensive.  Kinda like buying all your parts from the dealer...aftermarket is usually just as good or better and even cheaper.  I paid $845 for this rifle with the match trigger (very smooth pull) and the rubber Hogue grips and I paid an additional $40 for the chrome lined barrel (lasts longer) and $35 extra for an ambidextrous safety.  I have relatively small hands and sometimes it's easier to use my trigger finger for functions typically utilized with the thumb. 

I haven't fired the rifle yet (found those pics on the 'net) but I expect it to be very smooth.  They have a big spring in the stock so the recoil is pretty light.  They are loud though, it pays to use high quality ear protection.  The AK47 is much louder than, as is my dad's Cetme .308.  Here are a couple videos of myself and my buddy goofing around with them.  Both are semi auto, neither one of us hit a darn thing, but we weren't trying to...just playing and wasting ammunition.   ChargerFan, now THAT's an elephant gun!!!  RRA has been around a while, they're just not as well known.  People don't want to wait 6 weeks to order one versus getting a Bushy off the shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVleD3nMuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowXo7NO79o
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

Drache

I love guns and my collection is ever growing! My favorite still is the Parker & Hale .308 NORMA Magnum! It belonged to my grandfather and now it's mine!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Wakko

I'm up to 20 now, here are my long guns...only four.  I can't find my AK magazines though, dangit!

Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

CB

Quote from: Wakko on July 13, 2006, 11:08:36 PM
I'm up to 20 now, here are my long guns...only four. I can't find my AK magazines though, dangit!

look under the bed; oh wait those are other magazines :D
Great popper...
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Chargerguy74

Quote from: Drache on July 13, 2006, 10:11:07 AM
I had one like that but instead of the collapsable stock I had the solid M-16 type stock, and of course being in Canada it had to only be single shot.

Semi automatic, not single shot, and restricted to 5 round magazine capacity. The only semi auto centre fire in Canada that can legally have more than 5 rounds is the M1 garand, which holds 8 rounds in a full bandolere.

Quote from: Wakko on July 13, 2006, 11:08:36 PM
I'm up to 20 now, here are my long guns...only four.  I can't find my AK magazines though, dangit!

20...you're off to a good start. I'm picking up more this weekend. Looking at a VZ-58.
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Wakko on July 13, 2006, 06:46:35 PM
Yes, I bought the rifle for work but considering how many other guns are in the safe, I would have ended up buying one at some point anyway. ;) Colt still makes AR15s but they're VERY expensive. Kinda like buying all your parts from the dealer...aftermarket is usually just as good or better and even cheaper. I paid $845 for this rifle with the match trigger (very smooth pull) and the rubber Hogue grips and I paid an additional $40 for the chrome lined barrel (lasts longer) and $35 extra for an ambidextrous safety. I have relatively small hands and sometimes it's easier to use my trigger finger for functions typically utilized with the thumb.

I haven't fired the rifle yet (found those pics on the 'net) but I expect it to be very smooth. They have a big spring in the stock so the recoil is pretty light. They are loud though, it pays to use high quality ear protection. The AK47 is much louder than, as is my dad's Cetme .308. Here are a couple videos of myself and my buddy goofing around with them. Both are semi auto, neither one of us hit a darn thing, but we weren't trying to...just playing and wasting ammunition. ChargerFan, now THAT's an elephant gun!!! RRA has been around a while, they're just not as well known. People don't want to wait 6 weeks to order one versus getting a Bushy off the shelf.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sVleD3nMuY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WowXo7NO79o

I like this one better......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVCLrxXuSw8&mode=related&search=
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Wakko

I have to admit I had to google the VZ58...hadn't heard of it before.  Reads to be a fine weapon...let me know when you get it!
Ian

Boynton 236 F&AM

dodge freak

Well I hope you keep your guns lock up good ,the magazines too would be a good idea, all this world needs now is some kid taking one or more of your guns to school one day. Even if you do not have any kids living at your house it could be broken in to one day.

I am glad I don't need a gun to feel like a man, a fast car , hot girl maybe, but not no gun.

Troy

Quote from: dodge freak on July 14, 2006, 12:34:39 PM
I am glad I don't need a gun to feel like a man, a fast car , hot girl maybe, but not no gun.
He's a cop (and single, and lives alone, and has a gun safe). I'm glad you're secure in your manhood though....

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dodge freak

Thanks , I sleep better tonight, and who cares if hes a cop, he still could get rob , everybody knows cops have guns , so the crooks like to rob cops homes, but only when nobody's home. :yesnod:

Troy

Because robbing a cop's house that's full of guns while he's home would be incredibly stupid right?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.