News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many leafs in the leaf spring?

Started by professor-patrick, July 08, 2006, 07:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

professor-patrick

I just got a set of new leaf springs from Mancini Racing, and just noticed that one side has 6 leafs and the other has 5 plus 2 "half leafs" that stop about 2 inches behind the center bolt that holds them together.  Most of the numbers on them are the same, except for one that ends in 82 while the other ends in 83.  They have the same arch as well.  Did Mancini mess up or is this something else?
Dr. Patrick Hagerman
Lead Designer - Scotlea Hot Rods
www.scotlea.com

mikepmcs

put the one with more leafs on the passener side of the car.  they didn't mess up.
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Mike DC

That's the factory "staggered" rear spring setup for 440 & Hemi cars.  Stock on all R/Ts.  Done to control torque-steer when a driver floors it from a standing start. 

The extra half-leaves go on the passenger side.