News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so how's this for frustrating

Started by mikepmcs, July 08, 2006, 07:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

So i'm trying to hook up my last triple gauge(temp)  and wanna keep the electric feed in tact, so i go to take the plug out of the top of the water pump housing.  Will not come out, so I leave it and go for the plugs by the motor mounts.  Put the socket on and it breaks loose, and i'm like cool, get it out and it's broke half way down, sweet, broken stud.  Put it back in and say what the heck i'll just use the other one.  This one comes out easier and i'm like, in there, right..... that one was broken too.  so now the 3 plugs i can use to tap the sensor in to are crap.  Nice! :boogie:  anyone got any suggestions on how to get that plug out of the water pump housing??? I've PB Blasted the heck out of it and have been working on it most of the day.  It's like it's welded in there.  But the one on top of the housing is the one i have to use now because of the broken plugs in the block.
or anyone got a housing(383) they want to get rid of for cheap.
thanks for hearing my rant. beer me!
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

zstalker

if it's in a good place (OFF the car), torch the plug, then try it.  the heat expanding and contracting all the metal parts (plug, housing) should crack it loose.  worked like a charm fora block drain on a Chev 350 I built once
This ground is not the rock I thought it to be.
I was wrong.
This changes everything.