News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Bought a Tahoe

Started by dkn1997, August 17, 2005, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

Well, my daily driver was a 97 Taurus until I totalled it last week.  Air bags went off in my face, my hand got cut up pretty bad busting the windshield.

Just put a deposit on an 02 Tahoe.  I am pretty fired up about it, I always wanted one and said WTF.  Z71, moon roof, leather, 36k miles. 

Let the flaming begin for buying a GM  (wife's dialy driver is a supercharged grand prix)  I guess I may have to go Join a GM board!!!!!!
RECHRGED

SuBLimE 69

As long as there are no golden crowns on the dash and no 22 inch spinners, I think i can forgive you.

This ticket is only $69.00 ?  If I'd have known that I'd have been going FASTER !

RD

you know ramchargers are cooler than tahoe's :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

NHCharger

I don't believe in the Mopar or no car philosophy. My last 2 work vans have been Chevy's, my wife's old driver, a 1991 AWD Astro van we use for a spare car, it has 190k miles and doesn't leak a drop of oil. Altough I must admit I have no desire to own a Ford.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Silver R/T

bend over for gas stations man.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

I hear you on the gas, but this car is really for my wife who puts less than 10k a year on it.  I got sick of getting squished into the 4door on trips with the kids and I refuse to go minivan
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

What is with the "golden crowns"... anyway?..   ???

73rallye440magnum

i also really dont like minivans. we're on a charger board, gas typically isnt an issue here. but you didnt buy a charger, so now we can point out that you will have to pay a lot for gas.
WTB- 68 or 69 project

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8, XH29G0

dkn1997

Here is another way to look at it.  My wife wants it, so it's either pay fo rGAS, or have to go out and pay for ASS.  gas is probably cheaper and you don't have to pay for a room to go with it....... :icon_smile_evil:
RECHRGED

Silver R/T

so shes "da man' in the house? :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

That's one way to put it.

Another way to put it is that I would not go out and spend 20 grand without first granting the woman I married the courtesy of an opinion in the matter. 
RECHRGED

Steve P.

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 17, 2005, 09:16:07 PM

Silver ISN'T married, IS HE............  ::)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

dkn1997

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 17, 2005, 10:37:55 PM

My wife gets a choice, it's just far more limited.

I imagine there's a bigger selection of Tahoe's to choose from with gas prices the way they are.

Even though it's for her, she would have been happy in a minivan or saturn vue.  The Tahoe thing was pretty much me. 

You are probably right about the gas prices to an extent. also, all the ones I looked at came off lease.  most were 02's coming off a 3 or 4 year "smart buy" or lease. 

Any, I drove this one and it is almost perfect.  not one rattle, squeak, or noise.  very nice truck....for me to poop on!!!   :METAL:
RECHRGED

69bananabeast

was moon roof rare option , never heard of that with tahoe before?
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)

Silver R/T

you gonna put on some 23"s on it :)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Quote from: Silver R/T on August 17, 2005, 11:30:46 PM
you gonna put on some 23"s on it :)

With spinners and hydraulics!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Steve P. on August 17, 2005, 10:43:59 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on August 17, 2005, 09:16:07 PM

Silver ISN'T married, IS HE............   ::)

i dont think so.   the man of the house became extint somewhere in the 80's.....

------------------------------------  (what happend to mike d anyways  ;D)

my spouse would like a tahoe or something similar when baby thunder #2 arrives...  and i kind of like them myself.  she only drives 8 miles to work so gas will not kill us.  Or at least i hope it wont....
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2005, 09:38:43 AM

------------------------------------   (what happend to mike d anyways   ;D)

Yeah, I'm kinda missing the > --------------------------- < posts. :-\ :icon_smile_big:

I certainly won't flame you for your choice, DKN. The only Mopar I currently own is my Charger. ;)
Other than that, I've got an Exploder, S-10 Blazer, Mustang & Suburban...I just don't own any foreign cars, never will.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 18, 2005, 02:12:21 PM

I certainly won't flame you for your choice, DKN. The only Mopar I currently own is my Charger. ;)
Other than that, I've got an Exploder, S-10 Blazer, Mustang & Suburban...I just don't own any foreign cars, never will.

Why's that? :shruggy:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 18, 2005, 02:38:29 PM

Why's that? :shruggy:
Why's what? The foreign car thing? It's a two part opinion.

1)Because I've had to sell parts for them for 12 years...I got reaaallly sick of dealing with mid-year production splits & the fact that they seem to find the need to re-invent the wheel as far as parts go with each new car model, or model year (or half year) for that matter. Not to say that American manufacturers haven't degraded into that way of thinking these days.
2)Because I live in America & choose to support our economy in whatever feeble way I can.

This is of course just my opinion. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Okay, I was just curious, no pot stirring intended. :coolgleamA:  (I own, & have owned many of each.)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 18, 2005, 03:42:30 PM
Foreign outfits have their plants here and employ Americans but the profit still is going overseas.
That's how I see it too. :thumbs:

Quote from: Old Moparz on August 18, 2005, 04:06:36 PM
Okay, I was just curious, no pot stirring intended. :coolgleamA:   (I own, & have owned many of each.)
No problem, I assumed that's how you meant it & I know you own/have owned some of each.
To each his own. :cheers:

At least your newest purchase is from our side of the pond...mostly. :-\ :icon_smile_big:

So, DKN...

Where's the pics?!? :icon_smile_big:

dkn1997

moonroof/sunroof, whatever.  It has it, and it's factory.  did not see too many with the roof when I was looking.   Actually, I considered putting 20's on whatever I bought, but this one has some really nice factory wheels, so I will leave it.

New, the price varies a lot.  A Z71 with all the good stuff is probably close to the 40's.  With employee pricing, I saw an 05, Lt, pretty bare bones, for 34k.  I only paid 22.  The used ones with the really low miles were really up there.  most 27grand and up.  I could not justify that when a new one can be had for a few grand more.

The other choice was a truck, and it would have been a dodge with a hemi, but it was just a bit too overkill for what I need it for.

I am already shopping for mods for the supercharged 99 grand prix that's now my daily driver.  I heard you can tweak one into the low 14's pretty easy....... :drive:
RECHRGED

Steve P.

MOPAR or NO CAR is great!!  IF you still live in the 60's!!!!!  I can understand cutting down a Daewoo or a Kia or , (what was that little Pollish thing)??  I agree with American Made. I would like to buy nothing but American made. Problem is we barely make shit these days and much of the shit we make IS SHIT!!!! 

We have forgotten how to be the best.. We've given away our trades for change. (POCKET CHANGE)!!!! 

Now we pay..........       

Sorry for the rant..
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida